ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Burnley post backlog as modernisation gets underway

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Burnley post backlog as modernisation gets underway

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Burnley post backlog as Royal Mail modernisation gets underway

http://www.pendletoday.co.uk/news/local ... -1-5076545" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DISGRUNTLED customers have slammed the Royal Mail over claims a “mountain of mail” was piling up in Burnley.

Hundreds of parcels are believed to be part of a big backlog at the sorting office in Bank Parade.

Customers have reported waiting up to two weeks for parcels and some not receiving any post for several days in some parts of Burnley.

Problems first came to light last month after rumours surfaced of an unofficial strike by some staff in Burnley.

Royal Mail officials denied there had been any industrial action at the sorting office and said that deliveries were being made.

An official statement admitted there had been disruptions to the service in parts of Burnley but blamed the problems on high levels of staff shortages. Bosses said the Royal Mail had worked to ensure a high level of service was restored.

But a month on and customers in the town are still reporting problems with the postal service.

One woman from near Rosegrove, who did not want to be named, said: “I have been waiting for over two weeks for a parcel and have been in discussions with the sender that I have never received the item. I have been desperately waiting for this parcel – it is very important.”

She went to the sorting office in Bank Parade to complain last week and was told there was a big backlog of parcels.

“I was explaining about my parcel that had not been received and before I could finish I was asked if I lived in BB12 area.

“The man went on to explain that they had a mountain of packages and parcels for the BB12 area and could not tell me when they may be delivered. “All I got was shrugged shoulders. I appreciate it may not be the workers’ fault and I am fully aware the Royal Mail have undergone a restructure or streamlining process but this appears to have gone to the extreme and the streamlining has caused the public to suffer.”

Another Royal Mail customer, from Burnley, lodged a complaint last month over problems with the postal service.

He said: “I get a lot of mail so I noticed straight away when I didn’t get any post. We had not had any for days.

“I was going to go to the sorting office to demand my post. The service is absolutely diabolical for collecting parcels.

Royal Mail spokesman Val Bodden explained that new delivery methods have recently been introduced in Burnley as part of Royal Mail’s £2bn. investment to modernise the business.

She said: “This is one of the biggest transformations being undertaken in UK industry and is essential in enabling us to respond to a changing mailbag, as we deliver fewer letters but more packets and parcels for our customers.

“When any such major change is implemented, some disruption is possible whilst these changes bed in. We sincerely apologise if any customers have encountered any difficulties with mail deliveries whilst these changes are being introduced.

“We are putting measures in place to minimise any disruption and to enable us to deliver the high quality of service customers expect and deserve.”

She urge any customer who has a query about our service to call Royal Mail customer services on 08457 740 740.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Burnley post backlog as modernisation gets underway

Post by DirtyHarry »

Crikey!
The sheer scale of mis-management in the Royal Mail is absolutely staggering.
The service in Burnley has taken a turn for the worst, and it will never again be as good as it was before, errrmm, 'modernisation.'
The service needs duties put back in, and staffing levels increased, and a management that understands fully that undeniable, fundemental, truth.......More for less, is nothing but a rich man's pipe dream, and has no place in the real world, never has, never will.
claretandblue
Posts: 914
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14

Re: Burnley post backlog as modernisation gets underway

Post by claretandblue »

DirtyHarry wrote:Crikey!
The sheer scale of mis-management in the Royal Mail is absolutely staggering.
The service in Burnley has taken a turn for the worst, and it will never again be as good as it was before, errrmm, 'modernisation.'
The service needs duties put back in, and staffing levels increased, and a management that understands fully that undeniable, fundemental, truth.......More for less, is nothing but a rich man's pipe dream, and has no place in the real world, never has, never will.


:Applause here here :Applause
Tank
Posts: 206
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: Burnley post backlog as modernisation gets underway

Post by Tank »

A Lino from our place has been doing 10hr days in burnley weds to Saturday to help with the back log! He comes into ours on overtime Monday and Tuesday!! Crazy, wasting money! :arrrghhh
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Burnley post backlog as modernisation gets underway

Post by POSTMAN »

Funny,backlog and modernisation,2 words that for any other business wouldn't be in the same sentence.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.