ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bishop Auckland woman gets suspended sentence for PO theft

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Bishop Auckland woman gets suspended sentence for PO theft

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Bishop Auckland woman receives suspended sentence for Post Office theft

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/10011068._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

A WOMAN who stole money from the Post Office where she worked has been given a suspended prison sentence.

Natalie Wilson, of Langdale Walk, Bishop Auckland, was handed a 12 week prison sentence, suspended for 12 months after admitting taking £2,000 from Tindale Crescent Sub Post Office, near Bishop Auckland earlier this year.

The 23-year-old was also sentenced to 180 hours of unpaid community work when she appeared at Teesside Crown today (Friday, October 26).

The court heard how there was a dispute over the amount of money taken with the owners of the Post Office claiming she had taken nearly £9,000.

But as sentencing guidelines covered amounts from £2,000 and £20,000 the decision was taken not to dispute the £2,000 she admitted stealing.

Wilson admitted taking cash from the till and also paying for household bills electronically but never putting the money in.

Richard Herrmann, mitigating, said her actions were “born out of desperation”.

Andrea Patchett, sub postmistress at Tindale Crescent Sub Post Office, said: “I have lost all my trust in people because of her and my health is in bits.

“Because of the set we have here, accepting people to my work is also accepting people into my home. I don’t think I will ever trust again. This has never happened before and I certainly don’t want to have to go through it again.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.