http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/l ... k_driving/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A POSTAL worker has been banned from the roads for a year after wrongly believing he had sobered up enough to drive.
Darlington Magistrates’ Court heard today (Thursday, October 25) that Philip Joy, 25, had been drinking in Darlington on October 13 and planned to stay over at a friend’s house on Duke Street.
He stayed there for several hours and did not drink anymore before decided to drive home to Hurworth Road in Hurworth Place in the early hours.
Police stopped him on Uplands Road and a roadside breath test revealed Joy was more than twice over the legal drink drive limit with 73mg of alcohol in his breath. The legal limit is 35mg.
Joy, who works part time at the Royal Mail depot in Darlington, pleaded guilty to drink driving and was disqualified from driving for 12-months and ordered to pay £40 towards court costs.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postal worker banned for drink driving
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postal worker banned for drink driving
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
eric the viking
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 228
- Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: south west
Re: Postal worker banned for drink driving
I hope he kept his job.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postal worker banned for drink driving
Most of them do but I hope so as well. The story is posted as a reminder as to what can happen its a warning some keep ignoring.eric the viking wrote:I hope he kept his job.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Postal worker banned for drink driving
Especially coming up to ChristmasTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Most of them do but I hope so as well. The story is posted as a reminder as to what can happen its a warning some keep ignoring.eric the viking wrote:I hope he kept his job.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
houseoflords
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal worker banned for drink driving
You have to be Pissed just to work at Royal Mail.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Postal worker banned for drink driving
A guy at an office I've worked at was done for drink driving on his way to work in the morning... Think he had a bit of a "problem" though 
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Postal worker banned for drink driving
We had a few cases like that, most kept their jobs, one was was went off by his boss to a drying out clinic to tackle his alcoholic problems, we are talking before 1994 when there was a more considerate employment climate then compared to now.
Nowadays anyone who is an alcoholic might not be able keep their jobs in the long term.
Nowadays anyone who is an alcoholic might not be able keep their jobs in the long term.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Marmotte
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 17:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal worker banned for drink driving
What about to kill somebody on the road!!...He is 25 years old, no excuses to put lives in danger.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Postal worker banned for drink driving
Indeed, an the same goes for anyone convicted of speeding or other such motoring offences.Marmotte wrote:What about to kill somebody on the road!!...He is 25 years old, no excuses to put lives in danger.