http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/lifesty ... -1-4362097" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A ‘SPOOK-TACULAR’ offer is being made to Standard readers by a Stickney Post Office woman in conjunction with her daring stay at a ‘haunted’ asylum.
Linda Wooding is taking part in an organised ghost hunt at Lincoln Asylum on October 19 to raise funds for a cancer charity.
For anyone who buys a copy of the new-look Boston Standard in the store on Wednesday, October 17, will get a free can of drink and a sweet Halloween surprise.
“I do believe in ghosts,” said Linda, 52. “I have heard some strange things here at the post office and although I’m not 100 per cent sure, I think they were footsteps.”
Linda is taking part in an organised ghost hunt at the old Lincoln asylum, which dates back to 1820. It is believed to have been built on an old burial ground for victims of the plague.
Linda will brave the dark rooms and corridors of the asylum from 9am-4pm to raise money for Penny Brohan Cancer Care which offers holistic therapy to cancer sufferers.
“I’m going on my own but will be with a group of other people I don’t know,” she said. “We get to use ghost-hunting equipment and there will be clairvoyants too. I will take a torch with me as everything will be in darkness.
“I would say I’m very nervously-excited about it. It’s not something I’ve ever done before but it’s just nice to try something a bit different.
And to get our readers into the ‘spirit’ of Halloween, Linda is giving away a spooky treat and a free can of pop for every purchase of the Boston Standard at her store.
The offer is available on October 17 only, at the post office in Main Road, Stickney.
To sponsor Linda pop into the post office and pick up a form.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Spooky Halloween surprise awaits at post office
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Spooky Halloween surprise awaits at post office
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.