We are the champions!
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/nation ... -champions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The first series of our champion academies has just finished, equipping new WCM champions and supports with the expertise to drive WCM in delivery offices.
Now WCM is fully implemented in mail centres, the pace of roll-out in delivery offices will increase.
Nine academies were held, giving 57 champions and champion supports 10 weeks of intensive WCM know-how. The academies included a mix of teaching about the 10 WCM pillars and practical work in mail centres that have attained bronze status or delivery offices that already use WCM.
Many participants had no previous experience of WCM, but wanted to get involved.
Kevin Stewart was delivery line manager
in Reading. He’s now WCM champion support based in Newbury, visiting delivery offices around Berkshire making sure WCM is bedding in well.
‘WCM is completely new to me, and I find it really exciting!’ he says.
‘It’s a challenge, with so much to take in, but the academy has taught me so much and everyone’s so supportive. I really want to make a difference in the workplace.’
Brilliant
Jet Carey, pictured, was delivery manager in Truro and had previously been seconded as champion support at Taunton delivery office.
‘I thoroughly enjoyed it, so I really wanted to become a WCM champion and have the chance to lead WCM in my sector,’ she says.
‘The academy was brilliant as we all learnt from each other. There was a lot of theory, but the more we discussed it among ourselves, the more we understood how to apply it.
‘We’ve gained a network of WCM contacts who we can just pick up the phone to and share ideas with.
‘WCM is a completely different way of working, and when people embrace it they see the improvements really quickly. I can’t wait to get started.’
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
MRM:WCM:WTF
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32803
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
MRM:WCM:WTF
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: MRM:WCM:WTF
I think the end game is that we stop bothering with the mail and all become WCM pillars and champions.
Reduces accidents and keeps the place clean and tidy that way.
Reduces accidents and keeps the place clean and tidy that way.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
trythat
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36
Re: MRM:WCM:WTF
What can you say? It's so important to be able to talk fluent BS and get paid for it.
They really want WCM in my DO. I keep holding out, but for how long?
They really want WCM in my DO. I keep holding out, but for how long?