GILLINGHAM MANAGER MARTIN ALLEN GETS FEMALE POST OFFICE WORKER TO DELIVER TEAM-TALK
http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2012/10 ... he+Post%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Martin ‘Mad Dog’ Allen is known for his unusual management techniques, but his latest tactic is special even by his standards.
The Gillingham boss plucked a random autograph hunter from the streets of Stoke-on-Trent to deliver a pre-match team-talk to his squad.
Allen wrote in his programme notes for their recent match against Rochdale: “Last Saturday on the way into Port Vale, as we got off the bus, a lady in a Gillingham shirt asked me for my autograph.
“She told me that she travelled up from Gillingham on her own, on the train, and she never misses a game.
“She told me her name was Donna and she worked for the post office, she was a season ticket holder and her dad was missing his first game for years.
“She bubbled and oozed happiness and a positive attitude, so I took her into the dressing rooms, introduced her to all the players, had some photographs done with the lads and then she gave a speech, or team talk, to the players from a supporter’s perspective.
“She told them all they were great, she told them all to play the way you have been and she told them all we would win 2-1.”
Donna’s psychic skills fell just short of her motivational skills: the match ended in a 2-0 Gillingham victory.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
GILLINGHAM MANAGER GETS FEMALE PO WORKER TO DELIVER TEAMTALK
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
GILLINGHAM MANAGER GETS FEMALE PO WORKER TO DELIVER TEAMTALK
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: GILLINGHAM MANAGER GETS FEMALE PO WORKER TO DELIVER TEAM
i thought it was a gillingham do manager getting a female colleague to do wtl 
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: GILLINGHAM MANAGER GETS FEMALE PO WORKER TO DELIVER TEAM
That's what I thought too lol
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: GILLINGHAM MANAGER GETS FEMALE PO WORKER TO DELIVER TEAM
im glad someone agrees if its a football club it should always have fc in itTeeferTiger wrote:That's what I thought too lol
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: GILLINGHAM MANAGER GETS FEMALE PO WORKER TO DELIVER TEAM
I ran out of spacebringon4dayweeks wrote:im glad someone agrees if its a football club it should always have fc in itTeeferTiger wrote:That's what I thought too lol
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.