ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Trying to find the singing postman

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Trying to find the singing postman

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/st ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

MADAM , – Thank you for publishing my letter appealing for information for the forthcoming autobiography of my late father Cyril Kent (pictured).

I have had several very helpful responses that have provided important details for the text.

A further query has arisen, which I'm hoping your readers may be able to help with.

My father worked as a postman in Stoke-on-Trent from 1957 to 1979 and I'm trying to identify the surname of one of his colleagues.

The postman in question was named Les and regularly sang Paper Roses when Marie Osmond's version of the song was particularly popular and in the charts in 1973 and 1974.

Les may originally have come from Northampton or London and was captured by the Japanese in the Second World War.

Any of your readers who can help can ring me on 01782 791673, email me at witan@mail.com or write to me at 8 Nelson Crescent, Cotes Heath, Stafford, ST21 6ST.

JEFF KENT Cotes Heath
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.