http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/so ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WHAT on earth is happening to the Royal Mail deliveries in Stoke?
I have my mail delivered from the Leek Road sorting office and, during the past six weeks, the deliveries in my area of Stoke have been getting worse and worse.
Some First Class items are taking over two weeks to arrive at my address after they've been posted and some – including Recorded Delivery items – simply don't arrive at all. So what is happening?
Since all the changes in delivery practices at Leek Road were implemented in October, 2011, this area, comprising Honeywall, Honeywall House, Hill Street, Epworth Street and Southern Court, Dibden Court and my block, Penkhull Court, has been served by two postmen sharing a little red Royal Mail van.
One postman does one half of the round and the other does the other half, which includes Penkhull Court.
Generally, this arrangement has been very good, until about six weeks ago when things began to deteriorate, with expensive items that I had sent for arriving many days, if not weeks, late or not arriving at all.
It is no use my trying to telephone the Leek Road office, as no one ever answers. Nor is it any use going to the inquiry office and asking to see a supervisor. So I am writing this letter in the hope someone in authority at Leek Road can investigate this problem and get it sorted out and see that I get my missing items.
If any readers living in the area stated have been having similar problems, please let them be known.
Another problem is that mail for addresses in Dibden Court and Southern Court has, on a number of occasions, been wrongly delivered to Penkhull Court.
Although this may be due to the mail being put in the wrong batch, surely the postman should be able to read the address on the item before putting it through the wrong letterbox?
I wonder if this has been the fate of my missing items.
DAVID RAYNER Stoke
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Please sort out post problems - Stoke
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Please sort out post problems - Stoke
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Please sort out post problems - Stoke
Another roaring success, I see.
Can't wait for the next round of cuts.
Can't wait for the next round of cuts.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Please sort out post problems - Stoke
i only see one person complaining here . they shouldnt have published this letter