ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Callands customer refused parcel at Milner Street DO

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Callands customer refused parcel at Milner Street DO

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Callands customer refused parcel at Milner Street delivery centre

http://www.thisischeshire.co.uk/news/99 ... ail_error/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PETER Roberts was refused his parcel from Royal Mail all because he did not have a red delivery card.

That was despite him providing ID after staff failed to put the non-delivery card through his door.

Peter, of Pendine Close, Callands, said: “My Dyson cleaner motor broke and I ordered a new one on eBay.

“It still hadn’t arrived so I contacted the seller and they said it had been sent through the post so I decided to call in at the Milner Street delivery centre on Monday to see if it had been dropped off even though I had not received a card to say they had tried to deliver it.


“They got the motor out in front of me and told me I couldn’t have it because I did not have a red card.

“I had my ID with me and could prove I was the person it was addressed to but they still wouldn’t give it to me.

“He said he would have a word with the driver for not putting a card through but would not give it to me and said they would try to deliver it again the next day.

“Surely they can use some common sense, especially when I had proof of who I was.”

Morag Turnbull, from Royal Mail, said: “We would like to apologise to Mr Roberts for any inconvenience and assure him that all complaints are taken seriously.

“His recent experience at Warrington Delivery Office is not an experience the majority of our customers have and training sessions regularly take place with our people to raise awareness and ensure the correct standards are adhered to so as to deliver the service our customers expect and deserve.

“The delivery office manager at Warrington will be contacting Mr Roberts to discuss this matter and resolve this issue.”

But there is a happy ending to Peter’s tale.

“It did arrive on Tuesday and the vacuum cleaner is now fixed,” he added.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
avenger
Posts: 74
Joined: 14 Sep 2012, 19:11
Gender: Male

Re: Callands customer refused parcel at Milner Street DO

Post by avenger »

“I had my ID with me and could prove I was the person it was addressed to but they still wouldn’t give it to me
this line tells me he had proof of ID,but not address
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Callands customer refused parcel at Milner Street DO

Post by TeeferTiger »

avenger wrote:
“I had my ID with me and could prove I was the person it was addressed to but they still wouldn’t give it to me
this line tells me he had proof of ID,but not address
Along with the red card, they can produce a credit/debit card as ID. However, no card and no proof of address like driving licence or something then I'd be saying no
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
human1
Posts: 223
Joined: 04 Aug 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: Callands customer refused parcel at Milner Street DO

Post by human1 »

In our Callers Office, if no Red Card.... after seeing ID with address ... we hand over item to caller and write in our book that item was issued but " No Card ".
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Callands customer refused parcel at Milner Street DO

Post by TeeferTiger »

human1 wrote:In our Callers Office, if no Red Card.... after seeing ID with address ... we hand over item to caller and write in our book that item was issued but " No Card ".
Yeah, that's what we used to do.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?