ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Epping postman astounded as more than 10 million people view

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Epping postman astounded as more than 10 million people view

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Epping postman astounded as more than 10 million people view his photograph of Tower Bridge with Olympic rings

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/9 ... er_Bridge/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A POSTIE with a penchant for picture-taking is celebrating after one of his photographs became an internet smash viewed by more than 10 million people.

Epping postman Martyn Band took a snap of Tower Bridge - complete with giant Olympic rings - on his way to meet fellow amateur photographers at a pub in early August.

"I was meeting up before going on this photography evening walk to take pictures of the bridge all lit up," he said.

"On the way I thought, well, I'm here, the rings are up, I'll take the picture."


Mr Band, of Pennymead, Harlow, uploaded the picture to his online album, hoping to attract a few comments from photography and sports fans.

To the 60-year-old's astonishment, the image proved an instant hit with web users - and has now notched up more than 10 million views.

"For some unknown reason it's gone beserk. It's just a complete shock," said Mr Band.

"On Saturday night it got to 9.9 million and I stayed up to watch and it went up to 10 million. In another five weeks it could get to 20 million.

"Obviously it's partly because of the Olympics being on, but I would like to think it's because it's beautiful."

The dad-of-one, who has worked for Royal Mail for 20 years and delivers post in and around Theydon Grove and Stonards Hill, has also received a string of comments praising the photograph.


"Sometimes when I get back to work, I have a quick look on the computer to see if there are any more views," he said.

"My family and friends keep saying 'you should make some money out of it'."

Despite his overnight online success, the well-known postie has no plans to give up his career and take up photography full time.

"I like finishing early, although I won't tell you when I have to get up. I chat to anyone I see," he said.

"Photography's a hobby. At one point I did want to get into it, but no opportunities appeared."

To view Mr Band's photograph and add your comments, visit goo.gl/gwsrB .
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.