http://www.flintshirechronicle.co.uk/fl ... -31629771/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A postman with a passion for tae kwon-do had the honour of unveiling the official Jade Jones stamp to eager residents.
Steve Thomas of Connah’s Quay was asked by Royal Mail bosses to go to Church Street, Flint, where the postbox was being painted gold on Friday.
He got to hold a giant version of the commemorative stamp marking the tae kwon-do star’s gold medal win for official photographs.
But what his employers didn’t know was that Steve, who has a post round in Flint, has been learning tae kwon-do for three years.
He said: “It was just a happy coincidence. I was proud to be asked to do it. Jade has put Flint on the map. I’ve seen lots of pictures and flags everywhere when I’ve been out delivering.”
Steve is a member of Saltney Tae kwon-do Club and has lessons once a week with his son Josh, 10. Both have their blue stripes.
He added: “Jade’s win is going to encourage more people to take it up. She is an inspiration for young kids and has put the sport in the spotlight.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tae kwon-do postman unveils official Jade stamp
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Tae kwon-do postman unveils official Jade stamp
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.