ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Final delivery for postie Bob

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Final delivery for postie Bob

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.centralfifetimes.com/news/ro ... ostie-bob/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A COWDENBEATH postie has hung up his mailbag for the final time after 37 and a half years of service.

Bob Westwater (60) from Crossgates served the Cowdenbeath community as a walking postman and then behind the counter at the town's delivery office for nearly four decades.

Bob had formerly worked as a painter and decorator and thought it would only be a temporary stop when he started working for the Post Office on 17th March 1975.

Over 37 years later he was still with the company having made a number of friends for life, including Virginia - his wife of 21 years who is a former counter manager at the Cowdenbeath office.

Bob said, "At the start I thought I would only be there until something decent came up! But I came in and enjoyed it.

"It was a great community back then, everybody was friends with everybody else and helped each other out. People had told me I would never last because timing was everything and I was always late but here I still am."

Craig Wallace, Cowdenbeath's delivery office manager, paid tribute to Bob and said he would be sadly missed by everyone at the office.

He said, "He's seen as the father figure around the office, looking after everyone and keeping things ticking over.

"He's always been a hard worker and he knows the place inside and out. A real pillar of the community, we will miss him."

Bob has pledged to keep in touch with his friends at the office, but is excited about the opportunity to go out and see the world.

He said, "I've got a lot of odd jobs I want to do, but I want to do a bit of travelling as well. My wife and I have a cruise booked for next February and that will be a good start."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Final delivery for postie Bob

Post by POSTMAN »

Image :nana
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Final delivery for postie Bob

Post by fishtank »

POSTMAN wrote:Image :nana
Not likely unless someone brings it in for him. :nervous
He works in the callers does old Bob.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Final delivery for postie Bob

Post by DirtyHarry »

I envy him greatly.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Final delivery for postie Bob

Post by Lounge Lizard »

POSTMAN wrote:Image :nana
:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana
Bob said, "But I came in and enjoyed it. People had told me I would never last because timing was everything and I was always late but here I still am."
:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana