Louth postman walks length of Hadrian's Wall to help girl with rare eye condition
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/Lou ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A POSTMAN is set to finish a challenge this week to help a girl who has a rare eye condition.
Gary Davies, whose postal round includes the Grimsby Road area of Louth is currently undertaking a challenge to walk the length of Hadrian’s Wall.
Funds raised will help 16-month-old Chloe Wilson from Edinburgh who has a rare condition called Septo-Optic Dysplasia.
Chloe’s family are raising £15,000 to fund stem cell treatment in China which would improve her sight and better quality of life.
Chloe’s grandfather also works for Royal Mail, and the appeal was sent to other offices across the country to try and help with the fundraising effort.
Mr Davies, who is known on his round for always wearing shorts in winter, saw the appeal and decided he would help.
He said: “The Hadrian’s Wall walk is quite something and so I thought I would do it for Chloe.
“I have two grandsons both born last year. I am fortunate in that all my family have been healthy, including my grandsons, so thought I would help this family and raise as much as I can.”
The walk is around 85 miles but Mr Davies has been going off route to take in local sites and so is walking much further.
He has done other walking challenges before including a Pennine Challenge. The most he has walked is 72 miles.
He started the challenge on Saturday and is due to finish either today (Wednesday) or tomorrow.
To sponsor Mr Davies, contact the Louth Royal Mail Delivery office on 01507 602777.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Louth postman walks length of Hadrian's Wall to help girl
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Louth postman walks length of Hadrian's Wall to help girl
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.