http://brianbinley.blogspot.com/2010/11 ... etary.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian Binley MP for Northampton South met with the General Secretary of the Communication Workers Union, Billy Hayes to discuss the Postal Service’s Bill currently going through the House of Commons.
The meeting follows local disagreements with the Communication Workers Union who accused Brian of not consulting with the opinions of his constituents.
Brian said: “I was pleased to meet with Billy Hayes, on the basis that I am always ready to support the postal workers at the coalface.”
“The meeting was extremely productive and the General Secretary put his argument to me in a much more mature manner than the local branch of the CWU - who felt it was necessary to play childish games.”
Brian has agreed to raise some of the unions concerns in the House and will continue to listen to the opinions of his constituents by attending a public meeting on Saturday 4th December at St. James Working Men’s Club.
Brian said: “I will be raising some of their concerns in the House of Commons through Parliamentary Questions and I would like to reassure my constituents of Northampton South that I am fully aware of both sides of the argument.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
MP meets CWU General Secretary
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
MP meets CWU General Secretary
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
youwot!!!!!
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 582
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 14:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: oop north
Re: MP meets CWU General Secretary
the next sentence should read:-"but i will totally ignore any one elses opinion and vote as I see fit but i can't say that to the press"TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://brianbinley.blogspot.com/2010/11 ... etary.html
Brian Binley MP for Northampton South met with the General Secretary of the Communication Workers Union, Billy Hayes to discuss the Postal Service’s Bill currently going through the House of Commons.
The meeting follows local disagreements with the Communication Workers Union who accused Brian of not consulting with the opinions of his constituents.
Brian said: “I was pleased to meet with Billy Hayes, on the basis that I am always ready to support the postal workers at the coalface.”
“The meeting was extremely productive and the General Secretary put his argument to me in a much more mature manner than the local branch of the CWU - who felt it was necessary to play childish games.”
Brian has agreed to raise some of the unions concerns in the House and will continue to listen to the opinions of his constituents by attending a public meeting on Saturday 4th December at St. James Working Men’s Club.
Brian said: “I will be raising some of their concerns in the House of Commons through Parliamentary Questions and I would like to reassure my constituents of Northampton South that I am fully aware of both sides of the argument.”
who the hell invests £2 billion into a servic and makes it worse?????????????
you really couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!!!!
you really couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!!!!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: MP meets CWU General Secretary
He won't even do that.youwot!!!!! wrote: the next sentence should read:-"but i will totally ignore any one elses opinion and vote as I see fit but i can't say that to the press"
I would have more respect for him if i thought he was voting as he saw fit.
He will of course vote as Vince Cable and David Cameron see fit.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: MP meets CWU General Secretary
fishtank wrote:He won't even do that.youwot!!!!! wrote: the next sentence should read:-"but i will totally ignore any one elses opinion and vote as I see fit but i can't say that to the press"
I would have more respect for him if i thought he was voting as he saw fit.
He will of course vote as Vince Cable and David Cameron see fit.
this is one reason I will voteing Yes in the referendum in May - I think the AV system although not perfect by anymeans it certainly makes politicians accountable to all of their constituents rather than just 40% of them it will weaken party politics which some see as a bad thing though. I don't.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: MP meets CWU General Secretary
Any ideas what this is all about?“The meeting was extremely productive and the General Secretary put his argument to me in a much more mature manner than the local branch of the CWU - who felt it was necessary to play childish games.”
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Night Tonic
- Posts: 1474
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 21:35
Re: MP meets CWU General Secretary
Speaks for itself I'd say
Don't believe everything you're told in the rest room
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: MP meets CWU General Secretary
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ut#p327880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;POSTMAN wrote:Any ideas what this is all about?“The meeting was extremely productive and the General Secretary put his argument to me in a much more mature manner than the local branch of the CWU - who felt it was necessary to play childish games.”
HowNight Tonic wrote:Speaks for itself I'd say
What were they doing playing hopscotch, snap or perhaps Jenga - no they were doing what the Conuservatives have always hated, and Lapdems are starting to, standing up for their own rights in a supposed democracy. As usual the Condems are attempting to belittle any opposition with puerile comments and not really engaging in debate if it goes against their mindset. Your not a card carrying Condem are you NT
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: MP meets CWU General Secretary
Well, you only have to look at who ( in the political classes ) are in favour of PR ( Lib Dems mostly - without a sniff of power till this year....and a referendum on PR is one of the first things they demanded ) and those who are against ( Labour & Tory MPs, especially the most senior that have been or expect to gorge on power for years ) If you find that a bit simplistic, just look at the cabal of senior Labourites that launched the Anti-AV group last week, and if that ain't enough for you, look again at the Yes & No sides next year ( remember kids, Yes will be filled with Lib dems and / or nobodies and No will be Tory & Labour front benchers )TrueBlueTerrier wrote:this is one reason I will voteing Yes in the referendum in May - I think the AV system although not perfect by anymeans it certainly makes politicians accountable to all of their constituents rather than just 40% of them it will weaken party politics which some see as a bad thing though. I don't.
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!