ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail may have to pay £1bn for the redundancies it nee

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
terrace

Royal Mail may have to pay £1bn for the redundancies it nee

Post by terrace »

Royal Mail news everywhere today
In The Guardian http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2133214,00.html
Hopefully this article as well as the ones in the Times and Daily Mirror help raise the profile of the strike.

madelin4

Re: Royal Mail may have to pay £1bn for the redundancies it

Post by madelin4 »

terrace wrote:Royal Mail news everywhere today
In The Guardian http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2133214,00.html
Hopefully this article as well as the ones in the Times and Daily Mirror help raise the profile of the strike.
Dont sound good, i think we will continue to fight this but in the end i dont think we will escape all the job losses that are on the way!! just so long as we get some kinda compensation ! :d'oh!
blackadder

Post by blackadder »

me thinks royal mail going to do what they want weather we continue to strike or not. that article didnt make good reading
the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devils own satanic herd
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by dvbuk55 »

blackadder wrote:me thinks royal mail going to do what they want weather we continue to strike or not. that article didn't make good reading
Isn't that just the point of the strike! No one believes for one minute that we are in a win situation. The Government are in collusion with Royal Mail to privatise it eventually.

What this strike is about is to show a dictatorial management that they are not going to get their own way without a fight. This "executive decision making" is going to come at a price. For change to come about we need to show them that they must negotiate the terms and the speed at which we will accept it, or they risk a perpetual round of industrial action both official and unofficial for the foreseeable future.
Jonboy
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Jonboy »

The department of trade and industry - now business, enterprise and regulatory reform (BERR) - has already agreed to allow Royal Mail to borrow £1.2bn to help it fund modernisation of its systems. It has also allowed Royal Mail to put some £800m in a special account as part of a programme to bolster its pension scheme as it fights off companies such as TNT and UK Mail that are winning more and more of its business customers.

So come on Aladin leighton rub your lamp and give us the profits for end of year!!!!!!!!!

Not forgetting if RM were in so much s**t why did the bonuses to managers and tweedle dee and tweedle dum get paid out? Gordon Brown will do the Lambada when he finds out right over the lot of you

I dont like the tories but they want to meet CWU frontline NEC to discuss matters
Bring it on i say

OK i have had my grunt
time for a beer now :nana
Jonboy
A TNT driver offered me his letter today to post so i told him to put it in the postbox as i cannot accept mail off the public he called me a F***ing prick i told him to use DSA Down stream arseholes he soon disappeared.

Bullshit all i see is Leighton and Crozier Bullshit
robmacca

Post by robmacca »

Sounds like the reason the results have been delayed are to incorporate the massive redundancies and make RM losses look worse (like they did a few years ago!!) :roll:
United We Stand
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by dvbuk55 »

robmacca wrote:Sounds like the reason the results have been delayed are to incorporate the massive redundancies and make RM losses look worse (like they did a few years ago!!) :roll:
Ah yes the famous disappearing trick with the profits that magically re-appeared the following year to give us the bonus payment, halved the following year and disappeared altogether last year. Now wait for the magic disappearing pension - replaced with magic beans and apparently Sutton Seeds are paying our wages from 2010.

Who can forget that magical christmas bonus of some 15(?) years ago when we got a packet of seeds.
Jonboy
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Jonboy »

dvbuk55 wrote:
robmacca wrote:Sounds like the reason the results have been delayed are to incorporate the massive redundancies and make RM losses look worse (like they did a few years ago!!) :roll:
Ah yes the famous disappearing trick with the profits that magically re-appeared the following year to give us the bonus payment, halved the following year and disappeared altogether last year. Now wait for the magic disappearing pension - replaced with magic beans and apparently Sutton Seeds are paying our wages from 2010.

Who can forget that magical christmas bonus of some 15(?) years ago when we got a packet of seeds.
And they still have not come up :cfo :lfo :nana :dance :Applause
Jonboy
A TNT driver offered me his letter today to post so i told him to put it in the postbox as i cannot accept mail off the public he called me a F***ing prick i told him to use DSA Down stream arseholes he soon disappeared.

Jonboy
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Jonboy »

Trumps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonboy

stephen500
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by stephen500 »

Perhaps Royal Mail want a strike so that afterwards they can get rid of 40,000 on statuory terms which for most long term people means £8000.