http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/48 ... to_postie/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A round of applause sounded through St Bartholomew's Church as hundreds of mourners gave a standing ovation to Corsham postman Chris King at his funeral on Tuesday.
There was barely standing room at the church as crowds friends, family and former work and sports colleagues turned out to say their final farewell to the popular dad-of-four, who died suddenly last week.
His coffin, adorned with lilies, was taken to the church by horse-drawn carriage, and carried out to the Noisettes’ song Never Forget You.
The 48-year-old had been driving to collect his 13-year-old daughter Anna when he pulled over in Valley Road and collapsed on December 12.
Paramedics attended the scene but were unable to save him. It is thought he suffered a haemorrhage.
Malcolm King paid an emotional tribute to his brother at the funeral. He said: “Before I start, there is one thing I have to say and Chris would never forgive me if I didn’t - there might be a lot of non-believers here today, but Leicester City are the best team.
“Chrissy would have loved it here today, he would have been in his element seeing all his friends and family in one room and he would have loved the chance to talk to you all.
“He loved life and if he went out he would always make sure he had a good time – and he would make sure everybody else had a good time too.
“I am reminded of the saying actions speak louder than words, and the only action I see fitting is if everyone stands up and pays a standing ovation to Chrissy.”
Mr King, who was diagnosed with throat cancer 15 months ago, lived with his wife Alison in Katherine Park.
The couple had two children, Anna and Joseph, while Mr King had two older children Aaron and Amy, from a previous marriage.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ovation as Corsham family and friends say farewell to postie
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Ovation as Corsham family and friends say farewell to postie
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.