http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... y-cat.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Postal workers have threatened to stop delivering mail to a couple because they are frightened of being attacked by their cat.
Mailmen say they have been mauled by Magic so often they are set to blacklist his owners.
They say post dropping through the letterbox makes the three-year-old pet jump from his cat-flap and launch an attack.
Royal Mail's local delivery manager Peter Floyd visited Magic's shocked Sam Enan-McKinnon and her husband Tariq to warn they face being cut off.
Sam, 25, said: "The head of the delivery unit came to our house to tell us mail services will be suspended if we don~t ~address the problem.
"I told them my cat wouldn't hurt a fly. We carried out an experiment where the man from Royal Mail pretended to post something, but Magic didn't do anything at all."
The nurse added: "Their solution is for us to block the cat-flap, but I'm a nurse and work odd hours. We can't leave Magic locked in the house all day."
Mr Floyd wrote to warn the couple: "I am writing to let you know that our post person, while delivering mail to your address, was menaced by your cat. This has happened for the last three days.
"I believe that your cat, as soon as it hears the letterbox, is straight out the cat-flap and attacks the post person.
"Animal attacks are a major cause of injury to Royal Mail staff.
"If any further incidents of this nature are allowed to take place, I shall have no alternative other than to consider suspending the delivery of mail to your home."
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postal workers attacked by cat
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postal workers attacked by cat
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.