http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8291810.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I really hope he's included in this, he is after all one of, if not the highest paid public servant. Mind you, how will he cope? Don't suppose we could have a whip round for him?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Could poor Adam Crozier be facing a Pay Freeze
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: Could poor Adam Crozier be facing a Pay Freeze
is it only those who put in for the whip get a go at beating that piece of pond life or should we form a queue.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
F0zziebear
- MYSTERY MAN
- Posts: 637
- Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 23:45
Re: Could poor Adam Crozier be facing a Pay Freeze
He should take more than a freeze. I believe he should take a cut.
If volumes have come down 10% then he should take a cut in this region. Why? Well in the good times when volumes were rising and revenues increasing his pay was increased because of this. What they did not know or understand or realise at the time is that these were unrealistic rises on the back of the baking and public sector. You live and die by the sword.
If this was to happen I'd choke on my cornflakes. I think he has done some very good things in difficult circumstances and can say I enjoyed working with him on a personal level and professional level.
If volumes have come down 10% then he should take a cut in this region. Why? Well in the good times when volumes were rising and revenues increasing his pay was increased because of this. What they did not know or understand or realise at the time is that these were unrealistic rises on the back of the baking and public sector. You live and die by the sword.
If this was to happen I'd choke on my cornflakes. I think he has done some very good things in difficult circumstances and can say I enjoyed working with him on a personal level and professional level.
-
piranha
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 09:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Could poor Adam Crozier be facing a Pay Freeze
Crozier is an overpaid idiot, he is not worth anywhere near the salary he earns. He doesn't care about RM's future, just how much he can fleece from the coffers before he does one. :cfo
-
axeman
- Posts: 1733
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57
Re: Could poor Adam Crozier be facing a Pay Freeze
Fozzie one of the ranks of delusional managers whov'e fallen for the bulshi* spewed out from this idiots mouth ...wise up the idiots have done ireprabable damage to the good ship royal fail along with the now departed lateone who was a complete prat...... 
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: Could poor Adam Crozier be facing a Pay Freeze
i wouldn't say a complete prat.axeman wrote:Fozzie one of the ranks of delusional managers whov'e fallen for the bulshi* spewed out from this idiots mouth ...wise up the idiots have done ireprabable damage to the good ship royal fail along with the now departed lateone who was a complete prat......
I'm sure he would be the first to say he's always learning
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
F0zziebear
- MYSTERY MAN
- Posts: 637
- Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 23:45
Re: Could poor Adam Crozier be facing a Pay Freeze
This is all a bit harsh.
I think you'll find RM is a victim of European regulation asking for the opening up of the postal markets. It was our wonderful government who loves implementing these regulations more so than our neighbours. They asked Leighton to come in and turn RM from a public sector organisation into a private company competing in an open market. Leighton appointed Crozier to deliver this on a day-to-day basis.
Crozier in my opinion has done something brilliant, and that is to stifle the development of a true private competitor operating end-to-end. The pricing model they implemented has delivered this as it was uneconomical to setup a rival E2E company. The best they could achieve was DSA. This means that the RM delivery workforce has mainly stayed in tact, and that the USO whilst changed to some extent has not been transformed. Bear with me for a moment.
I fear that if another E2E company had been established then the USO would be in far more jeapordy and that there would be even fewer posties on the street.
I admit this could be considered scaremongering as I am looking into what could have been the future based on my knowledge and experience.
Croziers pay should be cut as I said before as revenues have declined and if he wants private sector style pay then he should take a cut in the bad times and a rise in the good, end of.
I think you'll find RM is a victim of European regulation asking for the opening up of the postal markets. It was our wonderful government who loves implementing these regulations more so than our neighbours. They asked Leighton to come in and turn RM from a public sector organisation into a private company competing in an open market. Leighton appointed Crozier to deliver this on a day-to-day basis.
Crozier in my opinion has done something brilliant, and that is to stifle the development of a true private competitor operating end-to-end. The pricing model they implemented has delivered this as it was uneconomical to setup a rival E2E company. The best they could achieve was DSA. This means that the RM delivery workforce has mainly stayed in tact, and that the USO whilst changed to some extent has not been transformed. Bear with me for a moment.
I fear that if another E2E company had been established then the USO would be in far more jeapordy and that there would be even fewer posties on the street.
I admit this could be considered scaremongering as I am looking into what could have been the future based on my knowledge and experience.
Croziers pay should be cut as I said before as revenues have declined and if he wants private sector style pay then he should take a cut in the bad times and a rise in the good, end of.
-
axeman
- Posts: 1733
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57
Re: Could poor Adam Crozier be facing a Pay Freeze
still delusional then anyone with a bit of common would realise the cost of setting up a network to deliver e2e was never an option for the likes of tnt etc as it would be decades before any costs would be recouped.
and as we all know the greed of multinationals is primarily for the fast buck this could and would not be achieveable as capital expenditure would be immense and these companys would see no return for years
still say crozier is and will remain a complete prat would you buy a car from him ? ...or arthur daly think i'd go with the later and where is the top man bit quiet of late
and as we all know the greed of multinationals is primarily for the fast buck this could and would not be achieveable as capital expenditure would be immense and these companys would see no return for years
still say crozier is and will remain a complete prat would you buy a car from him ? ...or arthur daly think i'd go with the later and where is the top man bit quiet of late
-
Fred B
- Posts: 118
- Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Could poor Adam Crozier be facing a Pay Freeze
So do I mate!F0zziebear wrote:He should take more than a freeze. I believe he should take a cut.