ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM manager to face judge over alleged thefts from post

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

RM manager to face judge over alleged thefts from post

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Royal Mail manager to face judge over alleged thefts from the post

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/Ro ... ticle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A ROYAL Mail manager charged with stealing money from the post will face a judge at Crown court.

David Paul Baker, aged 47, has again appeared before city magistrates accused of stealing £77 from five envelopes and parcels belonging to the Royal Mail on October 3 last year.

He is also charged with opening an item of post on the same day.

Baker, of Rocky Park Road in Plymstock, has not yet entered a plea.

Magistrates, who earlier refused to hear the case, have now formally committed Baker to Crown court.

He was released on unconditional bail and ordered to appear before a judge on September 7.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: RM manager to face judge over alleged thefts from post

Post by DGP1 »

I wonder how many posties came under suspicion for the thefts :hmmmm
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: RM manager to face judge over alleged thefts from post

Post by dvbuk55 »

disgruntledpostie1 wrote:I wonder how many posties came under suspicion for the thefts :hmmmm
I know this is slightly off topic - but that is one lovely pu, no I can't say it, thats such a beatiful pus, no stop it - nice kitty there dgp :oops:
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: RM manager to face judge over alleged thefts from post

Post by pinstripe »

"and parcels belonging to the Royal Mail "

I thought that all items of mail belonged to the sender, ownership passing to the addressee upon delivery. It is only in our 'care' until it is delivered. That's what I tell the ***** that ask for THEIR mail in the street.
"It's not yours until I put in through your lettterbox"
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: RM manager to face judge over alleged thefts from post

Post by Big Daz »

They would have been fakes and the manger would have been set up after suspicions were raised.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: RM manager to face judge over alleged thefts from post

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Big Daz wrote:They would have been fakes and the manger would have been set up after suspicions were raised.
Yep in the charge they would be referring to the IB planted ones hence them being RMs property.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.