http://www.creweguardian.co.uk/news/445 ... rous_Dogs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LABOUR’S Parliamentary candidate for Crewe and Nantwich David Williams is supporting a new Bill to introduce ‘ASBOs’ for dogs.
He is supporting a backbench Bill in the House of Commons to amend the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.
The Bill is promoted by Labour MP Angela Smith in response the Bite Back campaign organised by the Communication Workers’ Union.
Mr Williams said: “Postal workers should be legally protected from dangerous dogs.
“I fully support the CWU's campaign to strengthen the provisions of the Dangerous Dogs Act.
“I was shocked to hear that over 6,000 postal workers were attacked by dogs in the course of their duties last year.
“I am also aware that there are many other workers at risk like shop delivery drivers, gas, water and electricity workers, district nurses, home helps, meals on wheels volunteers, etc.
“I know that the vast majority of dog owners are responsible and this Bill is not about punishing them.
“However, we do need to tackle the few dogs that attack when unprovoked.
“I have had many encounters with aggressive dogs when out door-knocking and leafleting.
“So I have a lot of empathy with postal workers on this issue and they have my full support.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
ASBOs For Dangerous Dogs
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
ASBOs For Dangerous Dogs
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: ASBOs For Dangerous Dogs
Scottish Parliament is way ahead of the UK Parliament on this issue and rightly so.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
-
axeman
- Posts: 1733
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57
Re: ASBOs For Dangerous Dogs
Barrat 50cal the ultimate answer ...................................red dog mist