http://www.hamiltonadvertiser.co.uk/new ... -22694953/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
THE concerns of Clydesdale residents on a range of issues surrounding the postal service are set to be discussed when MSP Karen Gillon meets with the Royal Mail later this month.
Mrs Gillon will meet with Andrew Wood, Royal Mail area general manager for the West of Scotland, on January 23, and a number of issues are on the agenda.
The MSP told the Advertiser: “In recent months, I have had correspondence from a number of constituents on a range of issues relating to the postal service. Residents are growing increasingly concerned at how late deliveries are arriving at their homes. Some people have to wait until four in the afternoon before the postman arrives, which is proving to be a massive inconvenience.
“The late deliveries are particularly problematic for people living in blocks of flats due to issues with service access to secure entry systems. One constituent has had problems with not receiving her mail because there is no one in her block when the postman arrives,” she added.
“On the side of postal workers there are also issues of extended hours. Huge demands are being placed on posties to deliver more mail in less time under the Pegasus system. The stress this causes, inevitably, will be having an effect on family life for these staff. These are just some of the issues that I hope to discuss with Mr Wood.
“I am looking forward to what, I am sure, will be a constructive meeting and will keep constituents posted on any progress made,” concluded Mrs Gillon.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail urged to deliver on community postal issues
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail urged to deliver on community postal issues
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.