ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postal Fundraisers tackle arduous Peruvian trek

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postal Fundraisers tackle arduous Peruvian trek

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/news/ ... ticle.html

A POSTMAN and nurse are swapping their letters and thermometer for walking boots and a compass to tackle the adventure of a lifetime.

The pair are on a mission to raise £7,000 for charity by completing the famous Inca Trail Trek, in Peru next year.

Postie and avid fundraiser Martin Wharton (41), from Barton-Upon-Humber, is well used to such innovative challenges.

"In July this year I rode from London to Paris for charity which was a fantastic achievement," he said.

"I've also organised a number of fundraising events over the years, but this is undoubtedly the biggest challenge I have ever faced.

"Even before we get to Peru we must raise nearly £7,000 to be eligible for the trek which is a massive hurdle in itself.

"Then the climb will take us four days to complete the 82 kilometre trail."

All the money raised will be donated to Breast Cancer Awareness.

To sponsor Martin and Clara log on to www.justgiving.com/bccskydive.

For the full story, buy today's Scunthorpe Telegraph.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.