ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail steps up defence in bid battle with 'Czech Sphinx' billionaire

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail steps up defence in bid battle with 'Czech Sphinx' billionaire

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mar ... naire.html

Royal Mail has urged regulators to allow it to cut second class deliveries as it tries to fight off a takeover by a billionaire dubbed the 'Czech Sphinx'.

Parent company International Distributions Services (IDS) yesterday begged Ofcom to 'accelerate' a review that would let it slash services and save cash.

The plea came after the board rejected a £3.2bn bid from Daniel Kretinsky, saying the offer was 'opportunistic' and undervalued the 508-year-old postal service.

IDS top brass will meet with institutional investors this week to get them on side following the Czech billionaire's approach.

Kretinsky, 48, who co-owns West Ham United and holds a stake in Sainsbury's, is said to be working on another bid.

Royal Mail wants to reform the Universal Service Obligation (USO), which means it must deliver letters nationwide for the same price every day except Sunday.

Shareholders said delays to revising the rules had left IDS 'vulnerable to corporate predators'.

IDS chairman Keith Williams said: 'The lack of Universal Service reform by government and Ofcom over the past four years has held back Royal Mail's transformation and urgent action is needed.

'Reform is in the regulator's hands and we urge Ofcom to accelerate their review.'

Royal Mail wants to cut second class deliveries to every other weekday – or as little as two a week, and never on Saturdays.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired

GRS

Re: Royal Mail steps up defence in bid battle with 'Czech Sphinx' billionaire

Post by GRS »

This company always finds an excuse to hide behind to get what it wants. In this case it’s blaming Ofcom etc for the Czech twat launching a takeover bid thus putting pressure on a quick decision being made regarding the cutting of the USO. Just let said twat take the company over!
dazzler123

Re: Royal Mail steps up defence in bid battle with 'Czech Sphinx' billionaire

Post by dazzler123 »

whats actually worse for workers, the current royal mail or the new billionaire?