ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Posties are being treated in an 'awful' way by 'faceless' HR who now run the company, say CWU delegates

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Posties are being treated in an 'awful' way by 'faceless' HR who now run the company, say CWU delegates

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article ... -delegates

POSTAL workers are being treated in an awful way by “faceless HR staff who now run the company,” Communication Workers Union (CWU) delegates have said.

An emergency motion warning of an “out of control and unaccountable” fifth column within Royal Mail was passed unanimously at the union’s annual conference in Bournemouth today.

Plymouth and East Cornwall delegate Ralph Ferrett said: “Anyone who is old, anyone who is sick, who is awkward — [HR] see it as their job to get rid of them.”

Regional organiser David Banbury said: “We are in an awful state at the moment, the way our members are being treated in the workplace.

“HR are running the company, they are running managers.”

Nottingham and district Simon Edmunds added: “We have got to make sure we have accountability for these faceless people.”

Delegate Robert Howells added: “People have got disabilities through Royal Mail’s lack of health and safety [awareness] — now they are being penalised because they cannot quite meet targets.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired

pinstripe

Re: Posties are being treated in an 'awful' way by 'faceless' HR who now run the company, say CWU delegates

Post by pinstripe »

Well done for highlighting the obvious. So what are you going to do about it? Tell you what, improve our terms and conditions and there’s a packet of Jaffa cakes in it for you
Linden14

Re: Posties are being treated in an 'awful' way by 'faceless' HR who now run the company, say CWU delegates

Post by Linden14 »

Nope just you lot
Mr Rush

Post by Mr Rush »

On the Phenomenon of Bullshit Jobs
we have seen the ballooning of not even so much of the ‘service’ sector as of the administrative sector, up to and including the creation of whole new industries like financial services or telemarketing, or the unprecedented expansion of sectors like corporate law, academic and health administration, human resources, and public relations.
productive workers are relentlessly squeezed and exploited. The remainder are divided between a terrorised stratum of the, universally reviled, unemployed and a larger stratum who are basically paid to do nothing, in positions designed to make them identify with the perspectives and sensibilities of the ruling class (managers, administrators, etc.)—and particularly its financial avatars—but, at the same time, foster a simmering resentment against anyone whose work has clear and undeniable social value.
Any Questions?
Yeah, how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?