ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postie's 'cute' parcel note has couple in stitches as they offer to buy him a pint

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Postie's 'cute' parcel note has couple in stitches as they offer to buy him a pint

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... e-32614670

A couple returned home to a note from their postman explaining where he'd left their parcel but it tickled them so much that they have offered to treat him to a beer

A postie's note explaining that he was too short to see where a parcel had landed had a couple in stitches.

The pair said they'd asked him to drop it over a gate via their Ring doorbell camera as they were out during the delivery. But when they got home, they were tickled by the note he put through their door.

In a thread uploaded to Reddit called 'Postie left this cute note for us that gave us a giggle,' user SecretMonkeyButler wrote: "I was in work and the Mrs had to go out for an emergency when we were due a parcel, so when he turned up I asked him on the ring cam to drop it over the back gate for us as it can land on the bin.

"Come home to this lovely note from him. Worth gifting a pint to him just for the laughs it's given us."

The post attracted dozens of comments on the social media platform.

One wrote: "Aw. I want to lift him up and give him a hug."

Another wrote: "Perhaps a half pint might be better."

While one said: "I love it when people, especially random people you don't know super well, show a sense of humour :) love it!"

One added: "How rude, there was no reason for him to be that short with you."

But some users pointed out that they'd mistaken the word "can't" for a profanity due to the postman's handwriting.

One joked: "I didn’t know that said 'cant.'"

While one remarked: "He is short so he got the c**t to look over the gate?"
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired

enskied

Re: Postie's 'cute' parcel note has couple in stitches as they offer to buy him a pint

Post by enskied »

Nice couple, I'll bet the postie can spell. I hope they enjoy a pint and a few stories.
Wullie10
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Postie's 'cute' parcel note has couple in stitches as they offer to buy him a pint

Post by Wullie10 »

How did he take a photo of the parcel ?
CarryingMGMT
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by CarryingMGMT »

But that's against protocol. Postie should be sacked for gross misconduct... :cuppa
funkflex55

Post by funkflex55 »

Wullie10 wrote:
22 Apr 2024, 19:24
How did he take a photo of the parcel ?
He threw the parcel over and as it was going over took a picture with the PDA. As per the latest company policy.