ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Oppose Royal Mail's assault on the USO! Defeat CWU's collusion!

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
guardianangel

Re: Oppose Royal Mail's assault on the USO! Defeat CWU's collusion!

Post by guardianangel »

scotchy1962 wrote:
14 Apr 2024, 07:57
Sort of pointless all this infighting, us oldies get what we get and the new starts get exactly what they signed up too. Nobody's fault except the company who created the 2 tiers not us oldies.
It seems to me nobody really wants to let it go, continually dragging it up like it's somebodies fault isn't intelligent just annoying, take some responsibility for what you have done.
The USO is deader than a dead thing in deadland and the union are only hanging around in the hope that something will happen to make them relevant in the workplace, nothing nobody hasn't already worked out for themselves, tell us something we don't know.
You are exactly right,i took responsibility by voting NO to a 2 tier workforce only for the new worker to come in and call us lazy not actually realising what s**t we have been through in the last 12 years ,as i said ive given up 2 years ill be gone .

guardianangel

Re: Oppose Royal Mail’s assault on the USO! Defeat CWU’s collusion!

Post by guardianangel »

Barnacle wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 21:51
guardianangel wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 21:34
Barnacle wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 21:21
guardianangel wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 21:12
Barnacle wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 19:48
FilthyBloke wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 18:56
guardianangel wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 21:10
SILENT QUITTING, its the way forward,forget the cwu or any others look after yourself ,turn up give nothing.
Pretty much…
The company is not going to stop and the CWU isn’t going to try stopping them.

Grab what you can while you can.
When I started at RM, posties we’re still crying about how they used to drive their own cars (can’t think of anything worse), and now they had to pair up and drive RM vans!! As a newbie I had no idea why they were moaning and why they refused to do anything beyond the bare minimum.

All that happened was that a raft of new starters came in who were just like me, to replace the previous on old contracts who left.

The same thing is happening now. The newbies have no idea why you are moaning and just view you as a lazy arse who is lucky to still be employed.

You’re not making a stand, you’re just making it easy for the newbies to take over.
Newbies are stupid the more you do the more they will want,i remember the days of a fair days work for a fair days pay ,now you are all slaves to the job to fill shareholders pockets ,there is a saying with the older posties "never trust a royal mail manager",the day will come when you will question their decisions and you will feel the full nastiness of them.Anyway not long for me now the new starters can run around and get used and abused while i'll be taking it easy letting them and retiring on a very good pension unlike the new starters who will be poor in retirement while those shareholders lord it up,whose the lucky ones now.
Some people need to earn more money. That’s not stupidity, it’s economics.

I’m now on a full time contract and never seek overtime, but I used to be on a 25 hour contract. What adult with children can survive on that? So I worked overtime then to make up my hours. Weird that you consider keeping a roof over my head ‘stupid’.
Newbies aren't taking over, the old guys are taking early retirement on good pensions or leaving for better paid and conditioned jobs,working next to a guy doing the same job on better terms and conditions in my eyes is stupid,royal mail managers will never care who does the job they just want yes sir no sir people,rock the boat and your life will be hell,as i said silent quitting for the old contract guys is the way to go ,if you want to work harder for less be my guest.
In these sunlit uplands where old contract guys leave and get a job on better wages and conditions: won’t they be working next to an old contract guy on better conditions at their new place? Silly.
Staying in the same job for decades and never seeking or being offered promotion, just leaving at the exact same level as you began? That’s not terrifically wise. But hey ho, whatever floats your boat.
I stayed in the same job for decades and it paid dividends and,i've got a great pension and can rest easy 4 years before my retirement date ,sadly thats something some people will never have now because they are all out to get one over each other and tell the bosses how great they are ,solidarity has been lost forever ,workplaces now are not nice places to be in,just remember i voted NO to a two tier workforce but the shareholders win again,they are already plotting their next billion pound raid on your hard earned wage,but keep telling yourself the old guard are lazy and out of touch while you work harder than ever ,ive seen it all but good luck on your rise from postie to CEO, :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
richietns

Post by richietns »

Voting no doesn't mean it would of turned out any better RM are hellbent on cutting the uso and they dont seem to need acceptance off the cwu anymore.
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

richietns wrote:
14 Apr 2024, 17:16
Voting no doesn't mean it would of turned out any better RM are hellbent on cutting the uso and they dont seem to need acceptance off the cwu anymore.
Exactly. I voted NO too. Means nothing because the majority voted YES and just look at how the brilliant deal is panning out. RM are doing exactly as they please without fear of the CWU who seem to be still patting themselves on the back, or the government who simply aren’t interested.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
Mr Rush

Post by Mr Rush »

postslippete wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 20:58
Fast forward to today and big brother is now watching everything - what time you officially came in, what time you did the van check, what time you scanned the parcels, how much time was spent idling, what time you came back and lastly what time you officially clocked out. With all this data I don't think it will be too long before the screws start using some sort of performance management and possible conduct if you they knew you were consistently "silent quitting".
A decade of data collection sure has transformed the service. The more they interfere the worse it gets.
Any Questions?
Yeah, how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Mr Rush wrote:
14 Apr 2024, 20:23
postslippete wrote:
Fast forward to today and big brother is now watching everything - what time you officially came in, what time you did the van check, what time you scanned the parcels, how much time was spent idling, what time you came back and lastly what time you officially clocked out. With all this data I don't think it will be too long before the screws start using some sort of performance management and possible conduct if you they knew you were consistently "silent quitting".
A decade of data collection sure has transformed the service. The more they interfere the worse it gets.
With more and more mail getting scanned in some way (either with a PDA or with a sorting machine), RM are getting nearer to knowing exactly what mail each walk has each day. I wouldn't put it past them to eventually calculate how long they think a walk should take based on the mail due that day.
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
14 Apr 2024, 20:30
Mr Rush wrote:
postslippete wrote:
With more and more mail getting scanned in some way (either with a PDA or with a sorting machine), RM are getting nearer to knowing exactly what mail each walk has each day. I wouldn't put it past them to eventually calculate how long they think a walk should take based on the mail due that day.
Oh. My. God.
What a horrific thought? But some nobby manager at data HQ is probably working on that scenario 🙄😱
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
Mr Rush

Post by Mr Rush »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
14 Apr 2024, 20:30
Mr Rush wrote:
postslippete wrote:
We get told every morning exactly how many letters came in, what the call rate is, etc. And yet the closer they get to omniscience the more reality fails to adhere to their vision. Are the failures more rooted in abysmal staffing? Then a prime slice of data would be determining why so many employees have quit, but then that would require an honest curiosity on their part.

It's like John Hammond in Jurassic Park vaunting the great expense of computerising and automating the park and the informational control he wields over it, only to play it cheap with one of the few employees present and get blindsided by the weather. The illusion of control.
Any Questions?
Yeah, how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Manual letters and manual flats (not every MC has a flat sortng machine) are just about the only mail streams that don't get scanned. With the updated PDA software, every large item tends to get scanned, there's not many that don't have some sort of barcode that we can scan.

I do wonder if RM aim to use the DTS system in the long term combined with the axing of fixed walks to maximise the amount of mail delivered each day
stage3

Post by stage3 »

The divide and rule strategy by Royal Mail has been delivered with the stamp of approval of the CWU in the rotten agreement. Martin Walsh has repeatedly stated that the dispute last year could not be sustained against the implementation of a two-tier workforce which the postal workers were committed to defeating. It was enshrined in the surrender document through a Collective Bargaining agreement and has led to the re-run of the P&O fire and rehire by other methods, driving out thousands with new entrants on gig-economy terms. The battle is not between "newbies" and the longer serving posties but against the CWU bureaucrats lined up on the opposite side with RM. The meeting against the assault on the USO is to defeat this sweatshop charter , slashing of jobs and race to the bottom by building a unified rank and file movement.