ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

COMMUNITY HERO

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

COMMUNITY HERO

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.in-cumbria.com/news/2420443 ... -plaudits/

A postman has been hailed as a ‘local community hero’ after dozens of residents in a Cumbrian village nominated him in a contest to find someone helping make the county a better place to live and work.

Family firm Lake District Estates teamed up with Cumbria Community Foundation to launch the county-wide search for a 'local community hero', by asking people to nominate individuals they believed deserved special recognition for making a difference in their local communities.

Village postman in Moor Row, Garry Walker, received dozens of nominations from locals who feel he goes above and beyond to support them day-to-day.

Not only was Garry described as an exceptional postman who is friendly, helpful and efficient, residents say he takes the time to check on elderly and vulnerable neighbours, shows genuine concern if anything looks ‘out of the ordinary’ and actively supports local businesses - and all with a smile on his face!

The winner’s presentation took place at Moor Row Primary School and was attended by pupils and staff, members of the local community, and some of Garry’s colleagues. Garry said: “I just want to thank everybody for nominating me. I can’t believe it to be honest and I just didn’t expect this. Thank you!”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."