ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Today, Royal Mail has submitted its response to Ofcom's call for input into the Universal Service.

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Hitbox
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Today, Royal Mail has submitted its response to Ofcom's call for input into the Universal Service.

Post by Hitbox »

what happens if businesses shift over to all 1st class and then 2nd class is eventually obolished?

wouldn't mind, it was RM's fault for destroying the workload, this is just going to cause more confusion for customers and business.

technically d2d's should be classed then as 2nd class as they aren't important....

all sounds more worse whichever way you look at it....

clashcityrocker

Re: Changes the uso

Post by clashcityrocker »

WalkerX wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 15:37
FilthyBloke wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 13:14
I wonder how many first class letters we deliver daily?
Today was crazily light. I doubt I had more than 30 first class letters for the entire walk.
Could probably chuck them with the packets driver and be done with paying the walker for that day.
Can`t really use post-Bank Holiday levels as a guide. Wednesday was like Tuesday, so tomorrow , all hell will be let loose.
I counted my 1st class letters on my last 2 loops. One hour of delivery - 6 1st class letters. SIX.
As you say - all hell is about to be let loose.
Why not phone up Robin Hood
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

clashcityrocker wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 15:48
WalkerX wrote:
FilthyBloke wrote:
Today was crazily light. I doubt I had more than 30 first class letters for the entire walk.
Could probably chuck them with the packets driver and be done with paying the walker for that day.
Can`t really use post-Bank Holiday levels as a guide. Wednesday was like Tuesday, so tomorrow , all hell will be let loose.
I counted my 1st class letters on my last 2 loops. One hour of delivery - 6 1st class letters. SIX.
Well doesn’t that just show how idiotic their ideas are 🙄🙄
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
CarryingMGMT
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by CarryingMGMT »

Barnacle wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 15:53
clashcityrocker wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 15:48
WalkerX wrote:
FilthyBloke wrote:
Well doesn’t that just show how idiotic their ideas are 🙄🙄
It's a ruse, not idiotic in the slightest
Barnacle

Re: Today, Royal Mail has submitted its response to Ofcom's call for input into the Universal Service.

Post by Barnacle »

An idiotic ruse.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

You'll still get 1C and 2C through together from the local MC. It gets sorted together at the inward MC. The difference between 1 C and 2C is 1C is dispatched from the outward MC on the day it was posted, 2C is dispatched the next day
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 19:41
You'll still get 1C and 2C through together from the local MC. It gets sorted together at the inward MC. The difference between 1 C and 2C is 1C is dispatched from the outward MC on the day it was posted, 2C is dispatched the next day
So… this suggestion of theirs, to hold back 2c and deliver on the third day, would only make any difference at all on days 1 and 2 of operating that system, because from day 3 onwards there would be 2c mail being released every day?

If I have made sense?
WalkerX

Post by WalkerX »

Doesn`t matter if only one part of the walk is going out.
Mr Rush

Post by Mr Rush »

Barnacle wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 19:46
SpacePhoenix wrote:
So… this suggestion of theirs, to hold back 2c and deliver on the third day, would only make any difference at all on days 1 and 2 of operating that system, because from day 3 onwards there would be 2c mail being released every day?

If I have made sense?
As with DTS currently, (disregarding bulk postings) it seems to me holding stuff back is aggravating lower call rates. While it saves walking up a path to deliver a solitary letter, isn't that economically better than dead walking past it?
Any Questions?
Yeah, how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Barnacle wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:

If I have made sense?
Yep, essentially your busier days would move back by two days.
Mr Rush wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 00:26
Barnacle wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:

If I have made sense?
As with DTS currently, (disregarding bulk postings) it seems to me holding stuff back is aggravating lower call rates. While it saves walking up a path to deliver a solitary letter, isn't that economically better than dead walking past it?
Lets say that it takes 30 seconds to deliver an item (walk to the letter box at the DP, post the letter and then carry on walking and that on a given day, 250 DPs had mail held back by the DTS. If you add up all the time saved, and then multiply that by the number of walks in a DO, that's probably going to be a good few hours saved. Across the whole country it's got to be some significant savings