ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Great Sankey residents slam Royal Mail as no post delivered for last week

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Great Sankey residents slam Royal Mail as no post delivered for last week

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/g ... elemetry=1

GREAT Sankey residents have criticized Royal Mail after receiving no post for more than a week.

Locals have slammed the postal service saying it is ‘not good enough’ after important letters are yet to be delivered to addresses in the WA5 postcode area.

One resident said: “We have had no postal service since last Tuesday.

“I asked a postman delivering a parcel who said, 'we are 50 staff down and no sign of anyone coming in'.

“I have birthday cards 'somewhere’.”

Royal Mail have indicated the issue in a delay in service to be due to ‘staffing levels’.

Another resident added: “It is not good enough when the cost of stamps is going up and up and yet we have no post service whatsoever.
“I have been waiting on important hospital appointment and optician dates but without luck.”

Similar issues have been reported in the Widnes area with residents waiting weeks on end for letters and parcels to be delivered.

Staffing issues were identified as the issue at the depot in Widnes, with long queues of customers waiting angrily to find out why their post was being withheld.

A Royal Mail spokesperson addressed the issue in Great Sankey saying: “We are sorry to residents who have experienced delays in Great Sankey. Improving our quality of service is our top priority and we are committed to restoring service levels to where our customers expect them to be.

“There have been some recent delays at the local delivery office, in part caused by staffing levels, however every effort is being made to keep these delays to a minimum.

“We encourage anyone with concerns about the delivery of their mail to contact Royal Mail customer service on 03457 740 740 or via royalmail.com.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired

enskied

Re: Great Sankey residents slam Royal Mail as no post delivered for last week

Post by enskied »

It's not just Great Sankey or Widnes. It's all over the bloody place. We have no staff left, but all's ok because we have Agency coming in later. They spend hours loading vans, only to bring everything back hours later totally unattempted. We have postie's being shipped in to deliver mail, but it all comes back bag full by bag full.
They can't get round our duties, so they ship in postie management to do it... And it all comes back.

It's a fiasco.
enskied

Re: Great Sankey residents slam Royal Mail as no post delivered for last week

Post by enskied »

And that photo looks like three weeks worth of Dominos and a farm food for good measure. Nothing else