ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Daughter and postwoman mum to 'Brave the Shave' for charity

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Daughter and postwoman mum to 'Brave the Shave' for charity

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/loc ... r-charity/

A young Market Drayton woman and her postwoman mother have vowed to have their hair shaved at the weekend, to raise money for a cancer charity.

Megan Morris, 20, is “Braving the Shave” for cancer charity Macmillan on Sunday.

She will be having her hair shaved at the Royal British Legion in the town at 4pm to raise money for the cancer charity.

She is also donating her shorn locks to The Little Princess Trust, which makes wigs for children suffering from the hair loss caused by cancer treatment.

Megan, who decided to brave the challenge after her aunt died from cancer, has also roped in her mother, Sue Tapley, who is a postwoman in Market Drayton.

Megan said: “I'm doing it for my auntie Jo who unfortunately lost her battle to cancer in 2022. I’m also doing it in support of everyone else I know that has been through and won their battles with cancer as well as the ones that are going through their battle right now.

“I decided at the start of the year that I was going to shave it all off. I wanted to do something with it so thought I might as well do it for a good cause. A week later, my mum decided to do it with me.”

Mum Sue, aged 56, added: “I have lost many good friends and family to cancer over the years including my brother's partner Jo who lost her fight in 2022, A wonderful woman who was like a second mother to me, Janet, lost her battle with breast cancer over 10 years ago, and John an ex-postman who used to work with me is through treatment now but I've seen how much it has affected him and his wife Heather who is still a postwoman.

“Being a postwoman and delivering to hundreds of houses in TF9 area I see first hand how cancer affects so many people every day in so many ways.”

If you wish to to donate to the pair's Brave the Shave challenge you can do so at:

bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk/shavers/752bf388-222c-4612-b55a-8c93a9b9b5df and: bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk/shavers/a6f61fdf-94d0-45a8-aa42-b9a0ea52d6e8
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."