ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman reported after 'having a pee' in Broughty Ferry man's garden

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Postman reported after 'having a pee' in Broughty Ferry man's garden

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/du ... ry-garden/

A postman has been reported to his bosses after claims he had a pee in a Broughty Ferry man’s garden.

A security camera outside Ewan Gibson’s house appeared to capture the Royal Mail worker relieving himself outside the property while carrying a bag of mail.

The exact location and time of the incident has not been revealed.

Speaking to the Scottish Sun, Ewan, 44, said he was “horrified” to see what had taken place.

He said: “I was like, ‘Why is there someone standing in my garden?’

Broughty Ferry man ‘horrified’ as postman pees in garden
“So I looked closer and was horrified when I saw what it was.

“It feels like an invasion because it was right in my back garden.”

The father-of-one added: “If I don’t get a decent response from Royal Mail then a report to the police is another possible avenue.”

Royal Mail confirmed the incident is being looked into.

A spokesman said: “We expect the highest standards of behaviour from our people at all times.

“This incident has been raised with local management.”
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

BenacreNick

Re: Postman reported after 'having a pee' in Broughty Ferry man's garden

Post by BenacreNick »

Take an extra empty bottle and keep it in the van and use if necessary.
scoobydo79

Post by scoobydo79 »

He’d be wise to apologise pdq. One of our guys got a police caution for this
twoloops

Post by twoloops »

scoobydo79 wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 15:03
One of our guys got a police caution for this
It's not wise getting your todger out, outside the school gates
enskied

Post by enskied »

Shocked is a bit strong.. surprised maybe , how about being sympathetic. I bet this guy has pee'd in a bush before.
I'm not saying it's right .
ted_e_bear

Post by ted_e_bear »

enskied wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 19:44
Shocked is a bit strong.. surprised maybe , how about being sympathetic. I bet this guy has pee'd in a bush before.
I'm not saying it's right .
Horrified in fact, but it's done and as far as I know no one suffered, bet he put it on Facebook as well, yeah I know it's not right but hopefully he'll get an apology and a lesson learnt by the postie, wouldn't like to read that he ended up getting sacked.
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

His only out from this is if he has some medical condition.

Otherwise, what a disgusting thing to do? Go to the nearest services or supermarket or back to the office if you must.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
DiamondSmiles

Post by DiamondSmiles »

That's the thing with all these councils closing the public loos down, they never thought of those people who work outside for a living.
guardianangel

Post by guardianangel »

Sounds like a runner and flapper too me ,as someone said go back to office or nearest supermarket,toilet stops should be in your delivery book ,use them !!!
enskied

Post by enskied »

Barnacle wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 20:29

Otherwise, what a disgusting thing to do? Go to the nearest services or supermarket or back to the office if you must.
Got duties at ours with no relief stops at all. Not everyone is a driver, there comes a point when you've got to go.

Said before on a similar post about a postie doing this. I live right next to a football ground. Mine and my neighbours gardens and walls are basically a urinal every match or concert day, that includes women squatting as well... They can't all be postie's.
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

enskied wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 16:04
Barnacle wrote:

Got duties at ours with no relief stops at all. Not everyone is a driver, there comes a point when you've got to go.

Said before on a similar post about a postie doing this. I live right next to a football ground. Mine and my neighbours gardens and walls are basically a urinal every match or concert day, that includes women squatting as well... They can't all be postie's.
I’m sorry but there is no excuse. If you’re on a walk with no relief stop and can’t hold it in, give up that walk and move to a different walk.

There is no way in hell I would do it anywhere other than a bathroom when in an urban environment.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
hans solo

Post by hans solo »

guardianangel wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 05:54
Sounds like a runner and flapper too me ,as someone said go back to office or nearest supermarket,toilet stops should be in your delivery book ,use them !!!
It doesnt quite work as simple as that
To go back to office would require driver to take some back thats 2 peoples times
I work 10 miles from office
Pubs all shut down , no bookies , only local shops which do not let public use toilets
Councils shut all toilets
Cant pee in bottles no wash facilities
Later and longer deliveries
H&S in RM what a laugh
Toilet stops in delivery books you are literally taking the piss
enskied

Post by enskied »

Barnacle wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 16:14
enskied wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 16:04
Barnacle wrote:

I’m sorry but there is no excuse. If you’re on a walk with no relief stop and can’t hold it in, give up that walk and move to a different walk.

There is no way in hell I would do it anywhere other than a bathroom when in an urban environment.
We all know how simple it is to simply move to another duty. It is a managerial responsibility to put relief (loo) stops in the duty, even asking certain households if we may knock and ask. They never do. Our walk logs are 10 years out of date anyway.
guardianangel

Post by guardianangel »

hans solo wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 18:32
guardianangel wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 05:54
It doesnt quite work as simple as that
To go back to office would require driver to take some back thats 2 peoples times
I work 10 miles from office
Pubs all shut down , no bookies , only local shops which do not let public use toilets
Councils shut all toilets
Cant pee in bottles no wash facilities
Later and longer deliveries
H&S in RM what a laugh
Toilet stops in delivery books you are literally taking the piss
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle I see your problem but there is a guy in our office who is 7 miles from our office with exactly the same scenario and did exactly that ,they didn't like him but nothing they could do at 2 and a half hours in he drove back to the office and then went back out and yes he cut off,they have now gone out and found a toilet stop for him at a corner shop 3 miles the other way,it can be done you just got to be brave and know your rights.No access to toilets while working is set out in the Health ,Safety and well being regulations 1992,although difficult while on delivery it is their responsibility to find you a toilet stop not yours or you are well within your rights to return to your office.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Toilet stops 'should' be built into ALL duties.
What happens to women posties?

If you have to drive back to the office, you have to drive back to the office.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.