ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Posties take on walk challenge in memory of John Walker

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Posties take on walk challenge in memory of John Walker

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.cambrian-news.co.uk/news/po ... ker-671789

A GROUP of Aberystwyth postal workers are to take on a charity hike in memory of a friend and colleague who passed away late last year.

The postal workers are to take on the Mal Evans Way challenge, which will see them walk from Borth to Pontrhydfendigaid, covering 36 miles.

The route will take them through Bontgoch, Ystumtuen, Cwmystwyth and Pontrhydygroes.

A fundraising page has been set up in advance of the walk, which is taking place on Sunday, 5 May, with all funds raised going to Cancer Research UK.

This year's challenge will be done in memory of John Walker, who passed away in November.

Rob Crumpler explained: "Basically a group of us at Royal Mail Aberystwyth try and do a charity event every year.

"This year's challenge is a sponsored walk of the 'Mal Evans Way' which is a 36 mile cross country walk from Bont to Borth.

"The charity this year is Cancer Research UK, we chose this because we sadly lost a colleague of ours late last year to the disease, so we would like to dedicate this years event to him."

To sponsor the walkers, visit their Justgiving page, which has already raised £880.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

BenacreNick

Re: Posties take on walk challenge in memory of John Walker

Post by BenacreNick »

Best of luck to you all.