ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

First class stamp price to rise again to 1.35, says Royal Mail

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
richj2009

Re: First class stamp price to rise again to £1.35, says Royal Mail

Post by richj2009 »

Moose67 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 17:05
They obviously don't want to deliver letters anymore because parcels are more profitable if that's the case why don't they charge for parcel collect instead of giving away for free who the he'll is in charge of this company coco the clown :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :nana :nana :nana
They may not charge but they save on the post office no longer getting their cut from us collecting from a customers door.

enskied

Post by enskied »

richj2009 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 17:11
Moose67 wrote:
They obviously don't want to deliver letters anymore because parcels are more profitable if that's the case why don't they charge for parcel collect instead of giving away for free who the he'll is in charge of this company coco the clown :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :nana :nana :nana
They may not charge but they save on the post office no longer getting their cut from us collecting from a customers door.
They didn't earn a lot, but it was significant for them. I can't see that the additional disruption to duties collecting this stuff, and sometimes it's a van full before the van is empty, cutting off to collect it and al that.
It's a loss maker but someone had the idea.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Navalron »

Moose67 wrote:
I'm not 100% sure but it's about 53 pence for DWP. Mind you we are the biggest users of downstream post. But if RM wanted it back, they could undercut ukmail no problem. With the volume DWP send out it makes sense to try and get that work back. All ukmail do is really pick the mail up and drop it off for RMs problem. The 7.5 tonner comes and picks up from Glasgow, my old mail centre, anyway. So what if the mail needs a bit of sorting. RM should be more aggressive. The ukmail pay crap wages and have crap conditions and that's why I don't like them or any company that takes the piss. :thumbup
pinstripe

Post by pinstripe »

enskied wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 17:27
richj2009 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 17:11
Moose67 wrote:
They didn't earn a lot, but it was significant for them. I can't see that the additional disruption to duties collecting this stuff, and sometimes it's a van full before the van is empty, cutting off to collect it and al that.
It's a loss maker but someone had the idea.
I posted a parcel last week using RM Tracked, I could have had it collected for free, or pay an extra 16p and take it to the Post Office.

I took it to the Post Office as I thought we have enough to do
Philbag70

Post by Philbag70 »

rubberbond wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:43
BenacreNick wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 15:25
Just who exactly is making these bizarre decisions ?

Everyone and their Uncle can see the need to urgently reduce the price of stamps.

What planet do these idiots live on ? :cuppa
It’s a deliberate strategy to try and force the band of the government, raise prices so no one buys them and lo and behold Royal Mail,declare that letters are down and we nee£ to reduce the service. Hopefully it will backfire.
Exactly. This is completely engineered by the corrupt charlatans
olilew

Re: First class stamp price to rise again to 1.35, says Royal Mail

Post by olilew »

If we are set up to deliver 20 billion letters, 'which we can't sustain' but are only delivering 7 billion. Why can't we deliver those 7 billion? Should be a piece of piss! Why are we leaving walks in everyday up and down the country if we are only delivering a third of what we are set up for?
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

olilew wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 19:40
If we are set up to deliver 20 billion letters, 'which we can't sustain' but are only delivering 7 billion. Why can't we deliver those 7 billion? Should be a piece of piss! Why are we leaving walks in everyday up and down the country if we are only delivering a third of what we are set up for?
I wonder if the letters volume does not include addressed advertising letters.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
TopperGas

Post by TopperGas »

Great response to the poor publicity after the Panorama programme, put the prices up for the 4th time in 2 years! Don't OFCOM have any control over the annual price increases?
world class male

Post by world class male »

TopperGas wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:46
Great response to the poor publicity after the Panorama programme, put the prices up for the 4th time in 2 years! Don't OFCOM have any control over the annual price increases?
if they do then they will agree with them regardless
the further increase is to stoke up the fire with the uso to force a gov re-think
letters down x millions but parcels up x millions and even the piddly little ones which are classed as large letter don't go in the forecasts
with no union now it's just a case of seeing how long you can last and i dread to think of the state of the "public service" in 5 or 10 years
mentaltheshots

Post by mentaltheshots »

yellowbelly wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:53
hans solo wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 16:49
Its the dsa they should be targetting not the public
But that would their coporate buddies
All in it together
Any idea how much RM charge for a DSA letter?
I sent a dwp letter special delivery for a friend (who is housebound). At the post office 75p was taken off the final price as that is what royal mail charged for the first class prepaid envelope.
richietns

Post by richietns »

TopperGas wrote:
"Change to the service now seems inevitable, with regulator Ofcom recently setting out options for changes to the service that it says it wants to see publicly debated"
Ofcom clearly isn't regulating it literally just sided with royal mail that all letters are treated the same as parcels even with parliament and a stack of evidence saying otherwise,the only thing they did was fine RM for the very thing they say isn't happening.
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

richietns wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 07:06
TopperGas wrote:
"Change to the service now seems inevitable, with regulator Ofcom recently setting out options for changes to the service that it says it wants to see publicly debated"
Ofcom clearly isn't regulating it literally just sided with royal mail that all letters are treated the same as parcels even with parliament and a stack of evidence saying otherwise,the only thing they did was fine RM for the very thing they say isn't happening.
Exactly. It’s depressing.

I also think the way RM counts mail needs to be looked at because I think it leads to an inaccurate estimation of the amount of letters we are carrying each day. So when OFCOM thinks we can deliver 6 days of mail across 3 days, it is a wholly inaccurate assessment.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
richietns

Post by richietns »

Barnacle wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 07:48
richietns wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 07:06
TopperGas wrote:
Exactly. It’s depressing.

I also think the way RM counts mail needs to be looked at because I think it leads to an inaccurate estimation of the amount of letters we are carrying each day. So when OFCOM thinks we can deliver 6 days of mail across 3 days, it is a wholly inaccurate assessment.
yeah makes you wonder even the basics like d2ds which aren't put through a machine are counted.