ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lower Earley neighbours complain about Royal Mail junk mail

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Lower Earley neighbours complain about Royal Mail junk mail

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news ... junk-mail/

People in Lower Earley have raised complaints that Royal Mail is delivering too much junk mail to their houses instead of “actual post.”

In a recent status to social media, Henry Thompson aired his grievances at being sent dozens of leaflets rather than his mail delivery.

He said: “Just wanted to say thank you to the Post Office, or Rotten Mail, or whatever they call themselves these days for the delivery today,

“The unsolicited leaflets outnumbered the actual mail items by about 10 to 1, I’ll be looking forward to seeing the next delivery in a fortnights time, if it’s anything like last February we’ll probably get a couple of Christmas cards.”

Many took to the comment section to echo Mr Thompsons’ annoyance at Royal Mail.

One person said “I do wonder how much the Royal Mail gets paid to deliver junk mail? It must be worth their while weighing down the delivery sacks which will just be recycled (into more junk mail) as soon as it drops on the mat.

“How much proper post is in a delivery sack these days?”

Many agreed that their post is more often than not delivered infrequently, and that they are often delivered a copious amount of junk mail.

Mr Thompson continued: “These all arrived in the same delivery, along with 2 or 4 items of actual mail.

“I’d like to see how Royal Mail responds to such lunacy especially given we maybe only get one delivery a week sometimes.

“Stuff such as the competition magazine my partner subscribes to are out of date by that point, our postal service has been like this for over a year now and all we see are stock responses.”

A spokesperson for Royal Mail has sent the following statement:

“In terms of deliveries, I would say not every home has mail to be delivered every day.

“We deliver the items that come into the delivery office as soon as possible with the majority (of 1c mail) arriving the following day and 96 per cent within three days of posting.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

BenacreNick

Re: Lower Earley neighbours complain about Royal Mail junk mail

Post by BenacreNick »

Henry, it's probably nudging £2b per year now, so I can't see this "paid for" mail ending anytime soon. :cuppa
enskied

Post by enskied »

Door to door have priority. It's that simple.
Iceland , farm foods, dominos are important cash cows.
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

Tell the dick we’re not the PO :arrrghhh and we haven’t carried sacks for about 90 years :left:
All the junk mail isn’t off us
I’ve had 1 D2D this week
On Monday there was a van going around and people doing at least 5 or more leaflets
The thick public think it’s off us :arrrghhh