ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Minister promises to meet Royal Mail bosses after Leighton Buzzard residents raise issues of delays and abuse

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Minister promises to meet Royal Mail bosses after Leighton Buzzard residents raise issues of delays and abuse

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.leightonbuzzardonline.co.uk ... se-4442454

A senior MP has agreed to press the issue of poor service from Royal Mail in Leighton Buzzard.

South West Bedfordshire MP Andrew Selous met with business minister Kevin Hollinrake, who is responsible for Royal Mail’s universal service obligation, and who has agreed to take the issue up with the postal service.

The meeting follows complaints from residents including delays resulting in missed medical appointments and much-needed documents.

Mr Selous explained: “I have always had the highest regard for our local postmen and women who are out in all weathers day in and day out coming to our doors. I am concerned that the management at Royal Mail have not kept up with changes in the industry, and the business lost £200 million last year.

“An efficient postal service is something we should all be able to rely on, so people do not miss medical appointments and other vital letters.

“The minister told me that he has arranged a further meeting with the owner of Royal Mail to tell him that the current standards are not acceptable and need to improve.”

The meeting also follows a letter sent to the service’s Senior Public Affairs Manager by Leighton-Linslade Town Council.

The letter details a number of requests to The Royal Mail including ‘at least’ one weekly delivery of post to the area, and an invitation to meet with the council’s Policy and Finance Committee, and with residents to explain its proposals to tackle the issues. It also explains other issues including abuse taking place at the delivery office.

The letter reads: “It is understood that general frustrations around the shortcomings of the mail service are being vented on the public counter staff at the Firbank Way delivery office. This abuse should not be tolerated, and the town council hopes that Royal Mail will put measures in place to ensure this practice does not continue.”

As yet, the manager has not responded and the council has vowed to follow up the letter in ‘due course’.

The Royal Mail has not yet responded to the LBO’s request for comment but in June told us it was “committed to restoring service levels to where our customers expect them to be”.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

enskied

Re: Minister promises to meet Royal Mail bosses after Leighton Buzzard residents raise issues of delays and abuse

Post by enskied »

Meet the bosses. FFS.
Haven't the ministers heard or seen our bosses lying their tits off under oath in parliament? Has no one told them.

Why not ask the workers what the hell is going on.?
TopperGas

Re: Minister promises to meet Royal Mail bosses after Leighton Buzzard residents raise issues of delays and abuse

Post by TopperGas »

enskied wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 19:41
Meet the bosses. FFS.
Haven't the ministers heard or seen our bosses lying their tits off under oath in parliament? Has no one told them.

Why not ask the workers what the hell is going on.?
The PC did and then reported their findings but were totally ignored?