ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Boy accused after multiple parcel items stolen from Royal Mail delivery depot

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Boy accused after multiple parcel items stolen from Royal Mail delivery depot

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/ ... l-28245055

Warwickshire Police say there have reportedly been a number of items stolen over recent weeks from the Royal Mail depot in Atherstone

A 17-year-old boy has been arrested following a number of thefts from a Royal Mail delivery depot in Atherstone. The teen, who cannot be named for legal reasons but is from Birmingham, was quizzed in connection with the theft of a number of parcels from the hub.

Warwickshire Police say the company has reported a series of similar thefts in recent weeks. They say the latest incident reportedly saw an employee try to steal a mobile phone.

The teenager was taken into custody where he was questioned. He has since been released on bail while investigations continue.

Police have said that, across the county, a number of parcel content thefts have been reported over the last couple of months. In most cases, the parcels arrive having been opened with the valuable contents removed and replaced with worthless objects of a similar weight.

"This has been reported from various courier services and distributors," a spokesman said. An appeal has been made for any victims who have not yet told police to come forward.

PC Chloe Trotter said: “Our communities rely on delivery services a great deal, particularly at this time of year. We appreciate the vigilance of staff working at the courier services against criminality, and we encourage anyone having parcels delivered to check that they’re arriving intact, and to report it to the delivery company if they are not.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

Beanyjazz

Re: Boy accused after multiple parcel items stolen from Royal Mail delivery depot

Post by Beanyjazz »

Well at our work, we have 25/30 'agency'/ride workers who in the past few weeks....

Delivered to an address (it was a postman's wife that's how we know), they had the parcel on the doorstep when she answered the door, got her to sign for it, then picked up the parcel and said 'oh sorry this is the wrong address'.....Signed for and stolen.

We've had a postman fill his van up, next day an agency driver has had it, (not signed for obviously), 20 miles extra, van completely empty of diesel.

I've had THREE people coming up to me this week (whilst collecting mail from post offices) asking me about red cards saying 'in blue bin/with neighbour etc' and none of them are there. I've not had 3 in the entire year till now.

The amount of theft/crashed vans/not signing for vans etc is beyond a joke, we're being ran like the Hitler Youth whereas the agency literally have a licence to do what they want. I dread to think how much has been stolen already, it's a temporary job for them, they don't care.

Well played Royal Mail, and Merry Christmas to our staff and customers.
Mr Rush

Re: Boy accused after multiple parcel items stolen from Royal Mail delivery depot

Post by Mr Rush »

Beanyjazz wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 08:51
we're being ran like the Hitler Youth whereas the agency literally have a licence to do what they want.
Objection! I'm not 12 and I'm not throwing myself on a Soviet tank for the CEO. At least Mr Hitler fell on his sword when it was all in ruins.

I know management have nothing but distrust for most of us supposed layabouts, yet they would have to concede that when they send us out to do a van full of Tracked they don't have to worry that the PDA shows only two packets were delivered and then the van parked up at a fly-tipping site. You can buy loyalty, but not for cheap.
Any Questions?
Yeah, how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?