ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail worker trapped in van after crash in Herefordshire

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail worker trapped in van after crash in Herefordshire

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.herefordtimes.com/news/2015 ... fordshire/

A POSTWOMAN has been cut free from her van after a head-on crash in Herefordshire.

Paramedics, police officers and fire crews all responded to the crash between a Royal Mail van and a white pick-up near Kington.

Kington fire station said the postie was cut free from the van, but there were no "nasty injuries".

The Kington firefighters were joined by a fellow Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service crew from Eardisley at the crash in Moor Court Lane in Lyonshall.

A spokesperson said they were called at 8.17am on Wednesday (May 18) to the crash between two vehicles, with one female casualty trapped inside a van.

"She was released by fire service personnel and there was one other walking-wounded casualty," they said.

"Both vehicles were made safe and the incident was left with police for the recovery of the vehicles."

The crew from Kington hit out at overgrown verges "making visibility even more difficult" on the "very narrow lane".

West Midlands Ambulance Service said one ambulance, a paramedic officer and the Midlands Air Ambulance from Cosford attended the scene.

The van driver, a woman, was assisted out of her vehicle by the fire service before being treated for injuries not believed to be serious.

She was then taken to Hereford County Hospital by land ambulance as a precaution.

The driver of the pick-up truck was uninjured in the incident.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Royal Mail worker trapped in van after crash in Herefordshire

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Skuse
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Skuse »

Nasty narrow lane hope she’s recovering well ♥️
twoloops

Post by twoloops »

Hope the lady in question is okay & the interrogation & discipline she will receive is not to severe.