ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amersham Royal Mail delays misplace critical mail

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Amersham Royal Mail delays misplace critical mail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/2 ... sappoints/

An elderly Bucks resident missed a 'long awaited' hospital appointment because of Royal Mail, the Parliament heard on April 19.

Chesham and Amersham MP Sarah Green criticised Royal Mail delivery problems in her constituency, which hit a peak just before Christmas.

The chaos left many in the area without Christmas cards and presents.

Ms Green said: “One elderly constituent missed two long-awaited hospital appointments as the letters did not arrive until after the appointments were scheduled.

“Another told me that they ended up in rent arrears and debt after a delay in the delivery of a bank card.

“The same constituent was left without any form of identification as they waited for a new driving licence and the other identity documentation to be returned to them."

She urged the regulator Ofcom to hold Royal Mail to account, saying it was “desperately needed” but recognised the hard-working postal workers are not responsible for the backlog.

Bucks Free Press reported concerns around Christmas, after delivery failures in Amersham left residents in postal limbo.

Bucks Council leader Martin Tett expressed concern that essential documents for working from home professionals were not being received, children's gifts were not received and esidents could suffer financially because of delayed bills and fines.

A Royal Mail spokesperson responded to Sarah Green: "While the vast majority of mail is delivered safely and on time, the impact of the rise of Omicron had a particular impact during Christmas and January, with approximately 15,000 staff members off work due to sickness and self-isolation at one stage.

"Thankfully, the situation has significantly improved.

"The number of offices we have reported as being most impacted by service issues has reduced from 77 to none, as of Thursday 21 April 2022.

"We apologise for any delays that our customers may have experienced. We are working hard to equalise performance and improve service, including spending over £340 million on overtime, additional temporary staff and sick pay, as well as providing targeted support.

"Our postmen and women are continuing to work incredibly hard, as they have done throughout the pandemic, and we are thankful for all of their efforts and determination.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."