ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
CWU exec urges Yes vote over Royal Mail deal
-
Yamr1
- Posts: 625
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
- Gender: Female
CWU exec urges Yes vote over Royal Mail deal
It's a bad day when acting line mangers on no bonus covering Lino's on there day off have more respect for staff cause there not chasing a bonus
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
CWU exec urges Yes vote over Royal Mail deal
Number 3 for me 'n' all. On a week off now and crazy/ criminal that next week I'll be a hundred quid down on my 'normal wages' that I accrue for completing my duty in overtime that cannot be completed in my part time hours.yellowbelly wrote:JKSmudge wrote:I will vote 'No' because;
3. PT - still not getting FT holiday pay even though some of us work a lot more than our contracted PT hours.
4. ( and this is the clincher for me ) - we were promised 1 pension for all, yet still the union are happy for recent and new-starters to spend a minimum of 5 years on the inferior scheme with much lower company contributions compared to the 'old guard'. Union seems to think this fine ! Why do we get 10% contributions, yet the people fortunate enough to have been in the DB scheme get 15.6% ?![]()
![]()
This, for me, is a major failing on the part of the union. Part time contracts are obviously the future and, therefore , goodwill or bullying and harassment are the only ways in which the deliveries will get done. Either with paid overtime or not.
Fair play to all the full timers with pensions etc to protect or whatever, but the new wave is all part time now and I was hoping to see a bit more in the proposed agreement concerning us other than 'under review' or whatever it is.
So, a No from me...unless anyone can tell me how this agreement is beneficial to a part timer?
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
CWU exec urges Yes vote over Royal Mail deal
You will get 2.6% when if the reduction of hours happens in your unit other than that what can I say you will get a vote on it I think?crimson king wrote:Number 3 for me 'n' all. On a week off now and crazy/ criminal that next week I'll be a hundred quid down on my 'normal wages' that I accrue for completing my duty in overtime that cannot be completed in my part time hours.yellowbelly wrote:JKSmudge wrote:I will vote 'No' because;
3. PT - still not getting FT holiday pay even though some of us work a lot more than our contracted PT hours.
4. ( and this is the clincher for me ) - we were promised 1 pension for all, yet still the union are happy for recent and new-starters to spend a minimum of 5 years on the inferior scheme with much lower company contributions compared to the 'old guard'. Union seems to think this fine ! Why do we get 10% contributions, yet the people fortunate enough to have been in the DB scheme get 15.6% ?![]()
![]()
This, for me, is a major failing on the part of the union. Part time contracts are obviously the future and, therefore , goodwill or bullying and harassment are the only ways in which the deliveries will get done. Either with paid overtime or not.
Fair play to all the full timers with pensions etc to protect or whatever, but the new wave is all part time now and I was hoping to see a bit more in the proposed agreement concerning us other than 'under review' or whatever it is.
So, a No from me...unless anyone can tell me how this agreement is beneficial to a part timer?
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
CWU exec urges Yes vote over Royal Mail deal
Pretty much what I thought, thanks for the confirmation, k979aaak979aaa wrote:You will get 2.6% when if the reduction of hours happens in your unit other than that what can I say you will get a vote on it I think?crimson king wrote:Number 3 for me 'n' all. On a week off now and crazy/ criminal that next week I'll be a hundred quid down on my 'normal wages' that I accrue for completing my duty in overtime that cannot be completed in my part time hours.yellowbelly wrote:JKSmudge wrote:I will vote 'No' because;
3. PT - still not getting FT holiday pay even though some of us work a lot more than our contracted PT hours.
4. ( and this is the clincher for me ) - we were promised 1 pension for all, yet still the union are happy for recent and new-starters to spend a minimum of 5 years on the inferior scheme with much lower company contributions compared to the 'old guard'. Union seems to think this fine ! Why do we get 10% contributions, yet the people fortunate enough to have been in the DB scheme get 15.6% ?![]()
![]()
This, for me, is a major failing on the part of the union. Part time contracts are obviously the future and, therefore , goodwill or bullying and harassment are the only ways in which the deliveries will get done. Either with paid overtime or not.
Fair play to all the full timers with pensions etc to protect or whatever, but the new wave is all part time now and I was hoping to see a bit more in the proposed agreement concerning us other than 'under review' or whatever it is.
So, a No from me...unless anyone can tell me how this agreement is beneficial to a part timer?
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.