ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Cable Turns Screw Over Royal Mail Chief's Pay

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Cable Turns Screw Over Royal Mail Chief's Pay

Post by Brain Fury »

Danelectro wrote:It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain

Good advice but I doubt he will take it. However, I realise that I have been beaten by his experience.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Cable Turns Screw Over Royal Mail Chief's Pay

Post by Judgee »

Brain Fury wrote:
Judgee wrote:No Brain I understand fully where you are coming from. Deriding other peoples posts with some misguided superiority complex not realising the irony of your own posts. You say other peoples posts are "stupid" because they don't know what Moya does in her job and yet you have already admitted that you have no idea yourself. Try putting a little more Brain behind your posts and a little less Fury, they'd make a lot more sense and be somewhat less ridiculous! :wink:

Just to try and educate you a little, here's an example of why I believe Moyas job is a cushy little overpaid number. David Lenigas (a fairly well known businessman) is on the Board of over a hundred companies and CEO of many. If being an executive is so hard how can he and many other executives be involved in so many other companies? The answer, because they are merely figure heads and names for heading note paper that's why. Their input is minimal their wages extortionate. Ok Moya is head of a large company and as far as I am aware only one, but her input is still minimal. She has a board of directors to deal with the daily chores for her, all she has to do is come up with ideas on making savings. Pretty much all of which involve getting more work out of the work force. That's hardly going to keep her busy is it?

Now, try and explain why you think she works hard for her money and deserves an even more extortionate figure than she already receives? Or do you just have some kind of school boy crush on her? :hmmmm
Presumably in your mind David Lenigas is working 100 times harder than Moya? Now you're just proving my point. I think I am going to follow Mark Twain's advice on this discussion.
Then as always you presume incorrectly and as always you are missing the point. Try reading it again, perhaps ask a friend to help you and maybe you will get it. Doubt it but we live in hope!

You quote Twain and yet ignore his words. Never mind I'm sure one day you will get bored criticising peoples "stupid" posts with your own far superior "stupid" posts.

As for "However, I realise that I have been beaten by his experience" You don't know my experience, just as you don't know Moyas experience and yet once again you presume to know everything! How do you manage too fit all that knowledge in your head it must be a struggle? :hmmmm
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
axeman
Posts: 1733
Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57

Re: Cable Turns Screw Over Royal Mail Chief's Pay

Post by axeman »

Brain Fury wrote:[

Apart from your own, none of the comments have anything to do with leadership. They have only been about her pay based purely on the usual nonsense about how little she works, how easy her job is, how anyone could do it ... blah, blah, blah. Does anybody here have the faintest inkling what she actually does? It doesn't seem like it.

obviously lead a sheltered life 'Bri' :roll: these leeches do little just get the underlings to do the dirty work , like the chairman who gets wheeled out at odd occasions that have free drinkies
leedership is one thing these have none of they rule (if that's the right word) by fear with total yes men under her heels you know like dog sh*t :hmmmm
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Cable Turns Screw Over Royal Mail Chief's Pay

Post by Brain Fury »

Judgee wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:
Judgee wrote:No Brain I understand fully where you are coming from. Deriding other peoples posts with some misguided superiority complex not realising the irony of your own posts. You say other peoples posts are "stupid" because they don't know what Moya does in her job and yet you have already admitted that you have no idea yourself. Try putting a little more Brain behind your posts and a little less Fury, they'd make a lot more sense and be somewhat less ridiculous! :wink:

Just to try and educate you a little, here's an example of why I believe Moyas job is a cushy little overpaid number. David Lenigas (a fairly well known businessman) is on the Board of over a hundred companies and CEO of many. If being an executive is so hard how can he and many other executives be involved in so many other companies? The answer, because they are merely figure heads and names for heading note paper that's why. Their input is minimal their wages extortionate. Ok Moya is head of a large company and as far as I am aware only one, but her input is still minimal. She has a board of directors to deal with the daily chores for her, all she has to do is come up with ideas on making savings. Pretty much all of which involve getting more work out of the work force. That's hardly going to keep her busy is it?

Now, try and explain why you think she works hard for her money and deserves an even more extortionate figure than she already receives? Or do you just have some kind of school boy crush on her? :hmmmm
Presumably in your mind David Lenigas is working 100 times harder than Moya? Now you're just proving my point. I think I am going to follow Mark Twain's advice on this discussion.
Then as always you presume incorrectly and as always you are missing the point. Try reading it again, perhaps ask a friend to help you and maybe you will get it. Doubt it but we live in hope!

You quote Twain and yet ignore his words. Never mind I'm sure one day you will get bored criticising peoples "stupid" posts with your own far superior "stupid" posts.

As for "However, I realise that I have been beaten by his experience" You don't know my experience, just as you don't know Moyas experience and yet once again you presume to know everything! How do you manage too fit all that knowledge in your head it must be a struggle? :hmmmm
Actually I haven't presumed to know anything much about Moya's job and certainly not enough to make a judgement on it. You however, know as much as I do (if that) but apparently that is no barrier for you to being able to pronounce on how easy it is. This alone makes it patently obvious that you have far more of the experience to which Mark Twain referred. I therefore bow to your superior lack of knowledge.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Cable Turns Screw Over Royal Mail Chief's Pay

Post by Brain Fury »

axeman wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:[

Apart from your own, none of the comments have anything to do with leadership. They have only been about her pay based purely on the usual nonsense about how little she works, how easy her job is, how anyone could do it ... blah, blah, blah. Does anybody here have the faintest inkling what she actually does? It doesn't seem like it.

obviously lead a sheltered life 'Bri' :roll: these leeches do little just get the underlings to do the dirty work , like the chairman who gets wheeled out at odd occasions that have free drinkies
leedership is one thing these have none of they rule (if that's the right word) by fear with total yes men under her heels you know like dog sh*t :hmmmm
So you don't actually know anything either then. Impossible to argue with blind prejudice.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Cable Turns Screw Over Royal Mail Chief's Pay

Post by Judgee »

Oh Brain you really are a hopeless case aren't you. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I guess you will just have to carry on being thirsty! No need to bow to my lack of superior knowledge, as I am positive that you have far less (to the point of which I am getting a little concerned for your well being!). Which is why I give up on this merry-go-round where all you do is skip around the arguments and try and get in some cheap insults as a distraction. You always miss the point of what anyone is telling you and fail to answer any points raised and yet you still seem to think you know better than everyone else and that makes it ok for you to insult their opinions.

At least you are happy in your ignorance I guess that's a good thing right? :thumbup

I won't bother replying to you anymore as I think I would get more sense out of a plant pot! :cuppa

Oh and please stop going on about Twain it really just makes you look even more like you can't think for yourself than you already do! :wink:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Cable Turns Screw Over Royal Mail Chief's Pay

Post by Brain Fury »

Judgee wrote:Oh Brain you really are a hopeless case aren't you. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I guess you will just have to carry on being thirsty! No need to bow to my lack of superior knowledge, as I am positive that you have far less (to the point of which I am getting a little concerned for your well being!). Which is why I give up on this merry-go-round where all you do is skip around the arguments and try and get in some cheap insults as a distraction. You always miss the point of what anyone is telling you and fail to answer any points raised and yet you still seem to think you know better than everyone else and that makes it ok for you to insult their opinions.

At least you are happy in your ignorance I guess that's a good thing right? :thumbup

I won't bother replying to you anymore as I think I would get more sense out of a plant pot! :cuppa

Oh and please stop going on about Twain it really just makes you look even more like you can't think for yourself than you already do! :wink:
An argument is usually based on facts and you don't seem to have any. You haven't made a point yet - all you've done is express the weight of the chip on your shoulder. Rather than running away from the discussion, I'd be happy to continue it if you have any facts to back up your assertion that Moya's job is easy. But I doubt that you have any.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Cable Turns Screw Over Royal Mail Chief's Pay

Post by Brain Fury »

I was also fascinated with your example of David Lenigas who (according to your earlier post) "is on the Board of over a hundred companies and CEO of many" which leads you to conclude "if being an executive is so hard how can he ... be involved in so many other companies?" and thus supports your opinion that Moya as CEO of only one must have it easy.

According to my quick internet search, as of last Monday, Lenigas was involved in 7 companies : Zest Songs Ltd, Zest Music Ltd, Zest Entertainments Ltd, Reggae Entertainment Ltd, Zimbabwean Investments Ltd, Lonzim Management Ltd and Lonrho Springs Ltd

I don't know the size of these companies but another record available on the internet shows that at one time he had involvement in 11 companies which together had total assets of £4.2 million and liabilities of £4.3 million and £1.5 million cash in the bank.

Now I am sure Mr Lenigas is a fine businessman but to compare his role in his group of businesses with one that turns over £9.2 billion a year is probably not that useful.

Perhaps you have more up to date information. It is hard to be certain because he seems to join and resign from company directorships fairly regularly and a good number of the businesses with which he has been involved have been dissolved.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Cable Turns Screw Over Royal Mail Chief's Pay

Post by Judgee »

Ok final post as again your info is incorrect. Try researching Lenigas again. He is on the board of over 100 companies I researched him thoroughly for other reasons and have seen the listings. Some may have gone by the wayside but I can assure you it's a lot more than seven. I'm not going to bother looking it up for you as I have no need to clarify it for my own needs again, check again if you really want to know which companies. Just off the top of my head I can think of Rare Earth Minerals, Solo oil, Lenigas and Oil, etc and the total assets run into hundreds of millions if you add all his interests together. I did also point out that Moya being head of one large company is slightly different to Lenigas but the principle is the same. As for your other comments well you don't have any evidence that her job is hard either do you which was my point all along. You claimed other posts were useless because they didn't know what Moya did. I asked you what you know about what she does for her money and you admitted you didn't know either. Therefore how can you deem other posters posts useless when they could very well be right, you just don't know do you! :arrrghhh

As for running away from this discussion again you are wrong. This discussion is going nowhere and we will never agree on anything other than that fact perhaps? So let's just leave it be and move on!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Cable Turns Screw Over Royal Mail Chief's Pay

Post by Brain Fury »

Judgee wrote:Ok final post as again your info is incorrect. Try researching Lenigas again. He is on the board of over 100 companies I researched him thoroughly for other reasons and have seen the listings. Some may have gone by the wayside but I can assure you it's a lot more than seven. I'm not going to bother looking it up for you as I have no need to clarify it for my own needs again, check again if you really want to know which companies. Just off the top of my head I can think of Rare Earth Minerals, Solo oil, Lenigas and Oil, etc and the total assets run into hundreds of millions if you add all his interests together. I did also point out that Moya being head of one large company is slightly different to Lenigas but the principle is the same. As for your other comments well you don't have any evidence that her job is hard either do you which was my point all along. You claimed other posts were useless because they didn't know what Moya did. I asked you what you know about what she does for her money and you admitted you didn't know either. Therefore how can you deem other posters posts useless when they could very well be right, you just don't know do you! :arrrghhh

As for running away from this discussion again you are wrong. This discussion is going nowhere and we will never agree on anything other than that fact perhaps? So let's just leave it be and move on!
Could be right, COULD? So it's all just guesswork then. Oh I get it now, you're saying that if I can't prove you wrong (and I obviously can't because I don't know anything about what Moya does) that you must be right. Bertrand Russell's teapot argument and definitely a pointless one.

I have looked again at David Lenigas. He does seem to be involved with a lot of companies. Perhaps those I found previously were just in the UK. However in most cases he fulfils an Executive or Non-Executive Chairman role. We have a Chairman and I believe that is a part time role too. It's not the same thing as a CEO at all so again it's not really relevant.
axeman
Posts: 1733
Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57

Re: Cable Turns Screw Over Royal Mail Chief's Pay

Post by axeman »

. It's not the same thing as a CEO at all so again it's not really relevant

what a statement Brydon takes the money and has no commitment ....... :speak to the hand well past his sell by date as are all the freeloaders we have been carrying for years at least now they are being removed

just wonder if the timing of this move is to secure yet another large bonus payment for our ceo :hmmmm
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Cable Turns Screw Over Royal Mail Chief's Pay

Post by Brain Fury »

axeman wrote:. It's not the same thing as a CEO at all so again it's not really relevant

what a statement Brydon takes the money and has no commitment ....... :speak to the hand well past his sell by date as are all the freeloaders we have been carrying for years at least now they are being removed

just wonder if the timing of this move is to secure yet another large bonus payment for our ceo :hmmmm
OK, you're going to have to help me here because I don't really understand your post.

Assuming you've read any of the previous posts you will have seen that the comment of mine that you have quoted was about comparing the role of our CEO with someone who held various executive and non- executive Chairmanships in other companies. So my first question is why have you introduced reference to Brydon when the discussion doesn't concern him?

However as you have commented on him and other senior managers in a similar way to how others have commented on Moya I'll ask you the same questions. On what are your comments about commitment and "freeloading" based? Do you have any facts to back them up? If not do you have any evidence to support your opinion?
subbie
POST OFFICE
Posts: 418
Joined: 03 Feb 2010, 11:41
Gender: Male

Re: Cable Turns Screw Over Royal Mail Chief's Pay

Post by subbie »

Vince Cable is an out and out hypocrite. he criticises the pay of a CEO of a company he undersold, whilst at the same time personally sanctions the Post Office in shelling out £2.5m a year to a discredited organisation that has no status nor contributes a single thing for the £2.5m they are propsing should be paid to them.

For an explanation of what I'm talking about see the thread on the Post Office Section of this site.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 19&t=62510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Subbie