You are a liar.DB1100 wrote:I still drive a transit or maxxus and I like to do the crossword when I am driving.
You can't do a crossword in a maxus.
You need at least one hand to stop the door from falling off.
You are a liar.DB1100 wrote:I still drive a transit or maxxus and I like to do the crossword when I am driving.
From someone to whom 'swerving' and 'veering' aren't serious a claim of "no serious accidents" surely includes accidents that to other people would be 'serious', not that we would expect you to give any more details on here.DB1100 wrote:20 odd years HGV driving and no serious accidents,seen plenty of bad drivers van and truck and coach at least I know what I am talking about when it comes to driving,I wish I lived a fault free and blameless life like you,no on second thoughts I don't,anyway watch out for swerving lorries and remember I still drive a transit or maxxus and I like to do the crossword when I am driving.Lounge Lizard wrote:Which of us first made a comparison to drink driving is of no consequence, but you were happy enough to unconvincingly keep going on about "completely different", this is nothing like drink driving" and " nothing like being drunk".DB1100 wrote:It was you who compared it to drink driving not me,and as a former HGV 1 driver I know enough to say that if the truck was going at 56mph and "swerved" on to the hard shoulder it would have been close to tipping over it takes a lot of steering wheel movement to make an HGV swerve more like the driver strayed on to it and then corrected it as someone said before if he looked at the manual for 2 seconds he would have travelled 60 yds well within headlight range,a bad mistake on the drivers part but no reason to get hysterical about it,calm down and carry on,motorways are still the safest roads in the country.And by the way I don't read the Daily Mail ,to anti forces for me I am a Daily Telegraph reader try it you might like it,but then again it hasn't got any of those daft smilies things that you like so you might not.![]()
I am reassured though by one word in your latest post, "former"That you are no longer an HGV driver is good news indeed, and I'm sure our roads are all the safer now.
![]()
And I understand that the Torygraph is just a slightly upmarket version of the Daily Mail.
True,you caught me out also you need both hands to try and get the b.o.s. into gear when the linkage has come loose.fishtank wrote:You are a liar.DB1100 wrote:I still drive a transit or maxxus and I like to do the crossword when I am driving.
You can't do a crossword in a maxus.
You need at least one hand to stop the door from falling off.
On a side note,in the early 70's around XMG it was positively encouraged to drive around at nights with no lights on due to the fact that the boyo's had a liking for remote controlled culvert bombs.The RCT lads were skilled at it and I cannot think of any cans or pigs that got involved in accidents because of it.Before you say its different I said on a side note so relax.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:and you are belittling a dangerous act by making excuses - its hardly a glance at the operators manual. He has to find it first, then he had to find the page that shows warning lights, then he had to read the description - hardly a glance.DB1100 wrote:You do talk some drivel.A glance at the manual is nothing like being drunk whilst driving,you lot make mountains out of molehills,at the end of the day he strayed onto the hard shoulder thats all,no near miss no one injured,stop being drama queens.Lounge Lizard wrote:"if it had been me driving I would have denied reading the manual and said I had a sneezing fit" - and add perjury to charge to ensure you get the custodial sentance you deserve![]()
![]()
"a warning light can mean an emergency"![]()
![]()
"This is nothing like drinking and driving" - an idiotic statement.I have been unsafe while driving when too tired and I have been unsafe when driving when ill, neither of which I should have done and both undoubtedly more dangerous than if I had driven after ample sleep and in good health but slightly over the drink drive limit, not that I do that I hasten to add ( i keep below the limit ) nor would I condone anyone else driving over the limit.
It would make no difference if someone was killed by a driver reading a manual or a driver over the drink driving limit. Both are totally unacceptable.
Also if he was a driver with experience he would be able tell what an Oil warning light was they tend to be generic, as do the warning lights for all the other emergency warnings. At least they were when I failed my HGV course.
As to being a drama queen, I'll accept that and I wear it as a badge of pride. In Northern Ireland a mate of mine was cut in half in a car accident, he died, this was a van on a country road and the bloke later admitted to bending down to pick something up he was distracted for only a few seconds. My mate was behind a land rover just setting up a VCP. Also in the early 70s I had a close Uncle killed by a tanker driver jumping a light. So yes I am a drama queen on this particular subject, and I will always be proud to be.
I am glad I will never be paired with you as if you find this behaviour acceptable because no one was hurt. I'd hate to see what risks you take on the same chance.
If that's your way of politely asking me to step back from a discussion in which you're not gaining any support then maybe I will.DB1100 wrote:Anyway Lounge lizard park the outrage bus up and hand the keys in till we argue again.
I thought you had finished,as for the ambulance driver who is to say that he didn't exaggerate it's only his word against the HGV driver,I don't expect any support you lot make a drama out of nothing and quote laws and all other facts but don't really alter the fact it was a trivial event.Lounge Lizard wrote:If that's your way of politely asking me to step back from a discussion in which you're not gaining any support then maybe I will.DB1100 wrote:Anyway Lounge lizard park the outrage bus up and hand the keys in till we argue again.
( Although I'm still unsure why, with your two comments like "Only the word of the ambulance driver to say he swerved", you should suggest that an ambulance driver would not tell the truth to the court )
DB1100 wrote:I thought you had finished,as for the ambulance driver who is to say that he didn't exaggerate it's only his word against the HGV driver,I don't expect any support you lot make a drama out of nothing and quote laws and all other facts but don't really alter the fact it was a trivial event.Lounge Lizard wrote:If that's your way of politely asking me to step back from a discussion in which you're not gaining any support then maybe I will.DB1100 wrote:Anyway Lounge lizard park the outrage bus up and hand the keys in till we argue again.
( Although I'm still unsure why, with your two comments like "Only the word of the ambulance driver to say he swerved", you should suggest that an ambulance driver would not tell the truth to the court )
Common place is what I was trying to say,and I am pretty sure that there can only be one witness per vehicle,but I might be wrong as people on here will tell me,in my time driving HGV you would be surprised at the amount of junk on the motorway that could cause you to swerve i.e luggage that has fell off roof racks the M5 was really bad for this,big bits of tyres and lots of other things,cars just pulling straight off the hard shoulder into your path,the one the other week where the coach had just stopped in the left hand lane surely he could have coasted off the motorway,so in this respective it's no big deal and could have been sorted out by the ambulance driver just flicking on his blue lights to show the driver the error of his ways.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:DB1100 wrote:I thought you had finished,as for the ambulance driver who is to say that he didn't exaggerate it's only his word against the HGV driver,I don't expect any support you lot make a drama out of nothing and quote laws and all other facts but don't really alter the fact it was a trivial event.Lounge Lizard wrote:If that's your way of politely asking me to step back from a discussion in which you're not gaining any support then maybe I will.DB1100 wrote:Anyway Lounge lizard park the outrage bus up and hand the keys in till we argue again.
( Although I'm still unsure why, with your two comments like "Only the word of the ambulance driver to say he swerved", you should suggest that an ambulance driver would not tell the truth to the court )![]()
![]()
![]()
You are either trying to bait us or you are adopting that viewpoint because you feel picked on. Or if you really believe it was a trivial event as in "of very little importance or value; insignificant", then I am sorry there is no point in continuing this polite discussion beyond this post. Perhaps you meant common place rather than trivial, even then common place still doesn't make it right.
Oh BTW the Driver admitted to it, so it wasn't just the word of the ambulance driver, in fact it wasn't even that - the article quite clearly states "Paramedics" as in more than one.
So your 'logic' now is that because occasionally one might have to swerve to avoid luggage or bits of tyre on the motorway then it's perfectly alright to swerve because you've been concentrating so hard on an instruction manualDB1100 wrote:Common place is what I was trying to say,and I am pretty sure that there can only be one witness per vehicle,but I might be wrong as people on here will tell me,in my time driving HGV you would be surprised at the amount of junk on the motorway that could cause you to swerve i.e luggage that has fell off roof racks the M5 was really bad for this,big bits of tyres and lots of other things,cars just pulling straight off the hard shoulder into your path,the one the other week where the coach had just stopped in the left hand lane surely he could have coasted off the motorway,so in this respective it's no big deal and could have been sorted out by the ambulance driver just flicking on his blue lights to show the driver the error of his ways.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:DB1100 wrote:I thought you had finished,as for the ambulance driver who is to say that he didn't exaggerate it's only his word against the HGV driver,I don't expect any support you lot make a drama out of nothing and quote laws and all other facts but don't really alter the fact it was a trivial event.Lounge Lizard wrote:If that's your way of politely asking me to step back from a discussion in which you're not gaining any support then maybe I will.DB1100 wrote:Anyway Lounge lizard park the outrage bus up and hand the keys in till we argue again.
( Although I'm still unsure why, with your two comments like "Only the word of the ambulance driver to say he swerved", you should suggest that an ambulance driver would not tell the truth to the court )![]()
![]()
![]()
You are either trying to bait us or you are adopting that viewpoint because you feel picked on. Or if you really believe it was a trivial event as in "of very little importance or value; insignificant", then I am sorry there is no point in continuing this polite discussion beyond this post. Perhaps you meant common place rather than trivial, even then common place still doesn't make it right.
Oh BTW the Driver admitted to it, so it wasn't just the word of the ambulance driver, in fact it wasn't even that - the article quite clearly states "Paramedics" as in more than one.
No I am just illustrating what can happen on motorways and that this incident was nothing other than a stupid mistake,stop trying to twist my words and calm down before you have a heart attack.What do you do when you are driving along and a wasp flies in the window Lounge lizard? having read some of your replies I would imagine you pull over in a lay by,don full PPE and despatch it with a rolled up copy of the courier lighten up and relax.Lounge Lizard wrote:So your 'logic' now is that because occasionally one might have to swerve to avoid luggage or bits of tyre on the motorway then it's perfectly alright to swerve because you've been concentrating so hard on an instruction manualDB1100 wrote:Common place is what I was trying to say,and I am pretty sure that there can only be one witness per vehicle,but I might be wrong as people on here will tell me,in my time driving HGV you would be surprised at the amount of junk on the motorway that could cause you to swerve i.e luggage that has fell off roof racks the M5 was really bad for this,big bits of tyres and lots of other things,cars just pulling straight off the hard shoulder into your path,the one the other week where the coach had just stopped in the left hand lane surely he could have coasted off the motorway,so in this respective it's no big deal and could have been sorted out by the ambulance driver just flicking on his blue lights to show the driver the error of his ways.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:DB1100 wrote:I thought you had finished,as for the ambulance driver who is to say that he didn't exaggerate it's only his word against the HGV driver,I don't expect any support you lot make a drama out of nothing and quote laws and all other facts but don't really alter the fact it was a trivial event.Lounge Lizard wrote:If that's your way of politely asking me to step back from a discussion in which you're not gaining any support then maybe I will.DB1100 wrote:Anyway Lounge lizard park the outrage bus up and hand the keys in till we argue again.
( Although I'm still unsure why, with your two comments like "Only the word of the ambulance driver to say he swerved", you should suggest that an ambulance driver would not tell the truth to the court )![]()
![]()
![]()
You are either trying to bait us or you are adopting that viewpoint because you feel picked on. Or if you really believe it was a trivial event as in "of very little importance or value; insignificant", then I am sorry there is no point in continuing this polite discussion beyond this post. Perhaps you meant common place rather than trivial, even then common place still doesn't make it right.
Oh BTW the Driver admitted to it, so it wasn't just the word of the ambulance driver, in fact it wasn't even that - the article quite clearly states "Paramedics" as in more than one.and as you keep casting doubt on what really happened might it have been a pornographic magazine spread across the steering wheel and he made up the bit about a warning light and instruction manual to avoid embarrasment in court ?
Not much danger of a heart attack with the medication I'm onDB1100 wrote:No I am just illustrating what can happen on motorways and that this incident was nothing other than a stupid mistake,stop trying to twist my words and calm down before you have a heart attack.What do you do when you are driving along and a wasp flies in the window Lounge lizard? having read some of your replies I would imagine you pull over in a lay by,don full PPE and despatch it with a rolled up copy of the courier lighten up and relax.Lounge Lizard wrote:So your 'logic' now is that because occasionally one might have to swerve to avoid luggage or bits of tyre on the motorway then it's perfectly alright to swerve because you've been concentrating so hard on an instruction manualDB1100 wrote:Common place is what I was trying to say,and I am pretty sure that there can only be one witness per vehicle,but I might be wrong as people on here will tell me,in my time driving HGV you would be surprised at the amount of junk on the motorway that could cause you to swerve i.e luggage that has fell off roof racks the M5 was really bad for this,big bits of tyres and lots of other things,cars just pulling straight off the hard shoulder into your path,the one the other week where the coach had just stopped in the left hand lane surely he could have coasted off the motorway,so in this respective it's no big deal and could have been sorted out by the ambulance driver just flicking on his blue lights to show the driver the error of his ways.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:DB1100 wrote:I thought you had finished,as for the ambulance driver who is to say that he didn't exaggerate it's only his word against the HGV driver,I don't expect any support you lot make a drama out of nothing and quote laws and all other facts but don't really alter the fact it was a trivial event.Lounge Lizard wrote:If that's your way of politely asking me to step back from a discussion in which you're not gaining any support then maybe I will.DB1100 wrote:Anyway Lounge lizard park the outrage bus up and hand the keys in till we argue again.
( Although I'm still unsure why, with your two comments like "Only the word of the ambulance driver to say he swerved", you should suggest that an ambulance driver would not tell the truth to the court )![]()
![]()
![]()
You are either trying to bait us or you are adopting that viewpoint because you feel picked on. Or if you really believe it was a trivial event as in "of very little importance or value; insignificant", then I am sorry there is no point in continuing this polite discussion beyond this post. Perhaps you meant common place rather than trivial, even then common place still doesn't make it right.
Oh BTW the Driver admitted to it, so it wasn't just the word of the ambulance driver, in fact it wasn't even that - the article quite clearly states "Paramedics" as in more than one.and as you keep casting doubt on what really happened might it have been a pornographic magazine spread across the steering wheel and he made up the bit about a warning light and instruction manual to avoid embarrasment in court ?