ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RMs decision to scrap bicycles for workers harmed deliveries

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: RMs decision to scrap bicycles for workers harmed delive

Post by scoobydo79 »

We all know the reason the bikes went.Royal Mail axed jobs and You now are two postman doing 3 postmans work. That is the truth.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: RMs decision to scrap bicycles for workers harmed delive

Post by dvbuk55 »

scoobydo79 wrote:We all know the reason the bikes went.Royal Mail axed jobs and You now are two postman doing 3 postmans work. That is the truth.
Can you ride tandem? :chuckle I used to be a cycle mechanic and was the last one at my office. When I began I think we had 58, of which about 30 were BER and not used and I got rid of them. Of the remainder although I maintained them people would use their own cars and they were gradually whittled down to the final 7 when the revisions kicked in and subsequent revisions did away with them altogether to be replaced with a vehicle and P&L.

TBH bikes are outdated and couldn't cope with the present parcel/packet/mail mix. Of those deliveries which could possibly use a bike they are now HCT which I also repaired originally but ROMEC now do that. I personally only used a cycle for the second delivery because it was quicker than using a car.