ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Why there’s no Postwoman Patricia
-
martin the green
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 20 Jan 2012, 16:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Why there’s no Postwoman Patricia
when I first started we only had 1 female who was part time. now we must have at the very least 12 and we have also had numerous female managers who have been about as useful as their male counterparts. 
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: Why there’s no Postwoman Patricia
ain't trying to be sexist or anything but delivery is not suitable for women nowadays with HCTs ... it is hard enough going for men as it is I just can't see a woman push a fully laden HCT effectively ... in our small office we had numerous women delivering mail ... we haven't had a woman deliver mail in our office for nearly a decade .... if the deliveries were based on bikes then yeah the job would be suitable for women or guaranteed lightweight trolley based delivery
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
blackadder
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 04 Jul 2007, 20:49
- Location: deep south
Re: Why there’s no Postwoman Patricia
dear dim, please accept my transfer request for said office, yours blackadder.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Looking forward to it mein fraulein.waveydavy wrote:Yeah, that's what we need. Royal mail being taken over by Feminazis.
the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devils own satanic herd
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Why there’s no Postwoman Patricia
Is it 1890.Godric wrote:ain't trying to be sexist or anything but delivery is not suitable for women nowadays
Have they got the vote yet?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Why there’s no Postwoman Patricia
With all respect- garbage - the hardest postie in one section here is a woman and she is on a very heavy walking packet duty. No one messes with her. As with most things its down to individual traits not gender issuesGodric wrote:ain't trying to be sexist or anything but delivery is not suitable for women nowadays with HCTs .
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Why there’s no Postwoman Patricia
I think at a rough guess we have 25-30 female posties in our DO.
I've never heard their workrate or ability questioned.
It's a physically tiring job but it's not a physical job and even if it was if I was sifting out those I thought weren't up to it due to overall fitness levels and strength I would have to start with the wheezing,overweight middle-aged men of which we have many.
I've never heard their workrate or ability questioned.
It's a physically tiring job but it's not a physical job and even if it was if I was sifting out those I thought weren't up to it due to overall fitness levels and strength I would have to start with the wheezing,overweight middle-aged men of which we have many.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Why there’s no Postwoman Patricia
-
dave0876
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 19 Apr 2008, 12:09
Re: Why there’s no Postwoman Patricia
Considering you would struggle to find many a postie using a trolley as you dont have time, let royal fail take on these female posties there will be cut offs galore for the doms when they have to pick the kids up/P.s i dontwant a lecture about using a trolley i made my walk and my partners from six loops to sixteen on each all my bags are very light.
