dingo wrote:
The difference is that the CWU get provided by Royal Mail all the information of members paying union dues under Check off so it is reasonable that we can argue with some success including when we beat Royal Mail in court in 2009 that we are using the information provided by Royal Mail.
Just imagine Cloherty you might be working for Siemens in your workplace in a couple of years time on poor conditions. Remember at the moment Royal Mail are only saying the protection on offer is for core services and is worthless unless under written by the government and any new owner. The core service is the USO which accounts for less than half your normal workload in Mail centres , RDCs , distribution and delivery offices .
The only ballot result which counts is the industrial ballot and I am convinced we will get a big yes vote. I have done members meetings in over 30 offices now with more to come this week and once the issue is explained to the members They know that this is it ! Time to make a stand and fight for their futures . You can hold everyone else's coats but if we lose your be in the firing line as well !
Yes I understand dingo what you are saying and I do remember the victory the union had over Royal Mail but I think they lost 8 times against them in court. I remember the union did not put certain offices on list and they were told this hours before they were due to strike. All I am saying is they should get things right in the first place. I do like winning and yes I expect you to get a big yes vote. I may well be in the firing line for a job but I do believe we will be alright, maybe I believe wrong and only time will tell. You might well being doing a lot for your members but no union man has been talking in our office and defiantly not asked me to rejoin union and nor have a lot of others who left the union a while back.
If non-union members go on strike, they are protected from dismissal and have the same rights as union members, as long as the industrial action is lawful.
I haven't been a union member since just before the 2009 strikes and went on strike with (nearly) everyone else. As said above as long as it's an official strike then non members are fine to join in.