ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail will only survive with savage cuts

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
fmrPOSTIE
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 674
Joined: 29 Oct 2008, 20:52
Gender: Male

Royal Mail will only survive with savage cuts

Post by fmrPOSTIE »

Not 71! up to half i.e. 35 centres may be at risk, but its a big gamble to take on the CWU and will Labour rebels be happpy, i dont think so.

Lets wait for the report, due today...
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Royal Mail will only survive with savage cuts

Post by dvbuk55 »

Wait! I have a cunning plan. Some years ago we used to work on a rotation system with 5 deliveries on a weekly basis - now one bloke I used to follow had a system whereby he delivered all the mail for a cul-de-sac to the first house and the occupier delivered the mail to his neighbours - not that he had agreed to that as I was told repeatedly but he felt obliged to do so. I always found it strange that he managed to collar me every week but not the guy who delivered it all to his house.

I'll bet a few have already followed the train of thought here - we don't go to EVERY house - no, we deliver to the first house on every street, road, terrace etc and let the customer do the leg work - course some of the longer streets would be problematic BUT No 1 receives the odds and No 2 receives the evens - well I think it is brilliant and I am awaiting the call from Adam or Al to get my reward. :chuckle
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Royal Mail will only survive with savage cuts

Post by k979aaa »

I have a better idea let's re introduce the monopoly we had before the 1/1/2006 none of this would have happened and the pension's and the job's would not be under threat as they are now!.
fmrPOSTIE
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 674
Joined: 29 Oct 2008, 20:52
Gender: Male

Royal Mail will only survive with savage cuts

Post by fmrPOSTIE »

k979aaa wrote:I have a better idea let's re introduce the monopoly we had before the 1/1/2006 none of this would have happened and the pension's and the job's would not be under threat as they are now!.
I have to agree.