ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Nick Smith MP calls for Royal Mail action over delays (Excerpt)

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Nick Smith MP calls for Royal Mail action over delays (Excerpt)

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ ... on-delays/



I am continuing to press Royal Mail over the delayed and missed deliveries constituents are experiencing across Blaenau Gwent & Rhymney.


I have joined more than 100 MPs in writing to Ofcom and the Secretary of State for Business, calling for stronger action.


I’ve raised these problems in Parliament and questioned Royal Mail’s senior leadership directly when they appeared before the Business and Trade Committee, but problems still persist.

Our letter calls on Ofcom to take a stronger hand in holding Royal Mail to account and asks the government to consider giving Ofcom stronger powers to do so.

As the letter says, we are no longer able to accept empty assurances.

Royal Mail’s senior leadership must acknowledge the problems if it is going to fix them.

I will keep pressing for improvements while recognising the hard work of our local posties.

This is not their fault; the responsibility lies with senior leadership, who are letting them down as well as their customers.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.