not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Drs note

16 Mar 2020, 20:00

Had 6 weeks off with an ongoing back complaint,upon returning to work the manager asked what would help etc,told him getting in and out of vans and the actual sitting is a real problem,as their own assessor told them. I am still awaiting x ray results. Thing is people are now on the sick and I’ve been put back in a van. I have an appointment with the Dr tomorrow where he is willing to write a note explaining my situation and what he thinks,would this be enough for my manager to reconsider?

Drs note

16 Mar 2020, 20:05

They can ignore doctor's advice but it takes a brave/stupid manager to do so.

If they do ask for that decision in writing.

Drs note

16 Mar 2020, 20:34

If your not fit for work , why did you go back?

Drs note

16 Mar 2020, 21:02

Fit for work,more concerned with getting an avoidable set back as it will be me who has to pay for it with a staged warning etc.

Drs note

10 Apr 2020, 23:13

lillywhite wrote:Had 6 weeks off with an ongoing back complaint,upon returning to work the manager asked what would help etc,told him getting in and out of vans and the actual sitting is a real problem,as their own assessor told them. I am still awaiting x ray results. Thing is people are now on the sick and I’ve been put back in a van. I have an appointment with the Dr tomorrow where he is willing to write a note explaining my situation and what he thinks,would this be enough for my manager to reconsider?

If this helps you they cannot make you drive a van if unfit to drive one as a police officer could say your not fit to drive but before that happens you should tell them your not doing it as it is an offence to do so here is what the government website says https://www.gov.uk/guidance/general-inf ... s-to-drive

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1