not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Annual leave for new starter.1

24 Feb 2020, 21:00

Hi guys.

I have been working for Royal Mail as a postie since August 2019. My first holiday isnt until 27th April this year. That is 8 months before any holiday. Is this right?

24 Feb 2020, 21:22

Ozzybroon wrote:Hi guys.

I have been working for Royal Mail as a postie since August 2019. My first holiday isnt until 27th April this year. That is 8 months before any holiday. Is this right?

Not right but this is RM........

You should have been granted a certain fraction of a full years holiday (to cover from your start date in Aug - 28 Mar). Whether your manager informed you
of your entitlement and whether there were any slots available left for you to take this holiday year is another matter..... (did you say you had
any holidays booked from Aug to Mar at your interview? If not your manager has conveniently forgotten that you had a leave entitlement
to take, or will probably say you didn't ask for any leave or that there weren't any holiday slots left anyway - all of which are BS answers).

You need to get a physical print out of your annual leave card from your manager and make sure your leave from August 2019 to March 2020 is on there.
Ask if there any remaining leave slots available for this leave year (possible as not many people take leave this time of year and have already
used up their leave allocation).

If you are unable to take any leave before 28 Mar then get another print out after the new leave year starts
and make sure it has been carried over to next years total. See if there are any remaining leave weeks left
for 2020 - 2021 and book them with your carried over leave.

IIRC you are only supposed to carry over a max of 5 days leave but if your manager tries this on, get the Union involved - you
are in the Union aren't you?

EDIT: Also make sure that if you've not had a day off during a week when there's been a bank holiday make sure that's been given
to you as a day in lieu or you've been paid the day as an overtime payment (managers will conveniently forget to update leave cards
for this as well).

24 Feb 2020, 21:26

Thanks for the info.
Yes I am in the Union. I will follow it up on Wednesday as I am off on Tuesday AGAIN but that's another story.
Cheers

25 Feb 2020, 20:58

RM do this kind of thing as a matter of course. In my first year working for RM I don't think I got any AL before the new AL forms were circulated. Over the years I have also lost a lot of days in lieu mainly due to lack of AL slots and staff shortages reducing capacity for AL.

26 Feb 2020, 05:33

Celgar wrote:RM do this kind of thing as a matter of course. In my first year working for RM I don't think I got any AL before the new AL forms were circulated. Over the years I have also lost a lot of days in lieu mainly due to lack of AL slots and staff shortages reducing capacity for AL.

You also work for nothing celgar as you have stated a number of times as you say your DOM does not pay docket for going over. Now when there's no leave places available you just lose it. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh . Your gaffers must love you. I'm not putting you down, don't get me wrong, I, just don't get it. :thumbup

27 Feb 2020, 22:43

Celgar wrote:RM do this kind of thing as a matter of course. In my first year working for RM I don't think I got any AL before the new AL forms were circulated. Over the years I have also lost a lot of days in lieu mainly due to lack of AL slots and staff shortages reducing capacity for AL.

If they can't or won't give you leave then taking it from you is illegal. They cannot do this. You're being literally robbed mate.

Another thing is the only way to stop your leave being carried over is to put you down in PSP for leave and not tell you. So they get those days you work for free.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1