not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Shift change

19 Feb 2020, 14:07

I am a postman at Huntingdon delivery office currently on my rest week. I have just found out that our DOM has plans to change our 9 day fortnight shift by this Easter. Can he just go ahead and do this?
What can we as a local office do to try and stop the sweeping changes affecting not just me but my family as well, we all know how far in advance we have to book our leave which may now cause problems in the foreseeable future.

Shift change

19 Feb 2020, 15:46

What has Your Union rep in Your office got to say on this? Also what is the Dom’s reason for doing it?

Shift change

19 Feb 2020, 15:54

Get your rep to sort it out,they just can’t change things

Shift change

19 Feb 2020, 16:32

bowie wrote:Get your rep to sort it out,they just can’t change things

They can - it is called executive action.
You can respond with a rule 13 ballot and maybe they will think an unhappy workforce is an unproductive workforce.
But a happy unproductive workforce is also an unproductive workforce.

Shift change

19 Feb 2020, 17:36

Unfortunately they can change it but have to give you sufficient notice (someone on here will know the timescale). Jesus Christ though surely the way to deal with it goes something like this:

DOM to Rep: I need to look at changing our shift patterns
Rep: Ok why?
DOM: Operational needs mean I will have to change the 9 day fortnight
Rep: Explain to me why and what your proposal is and then I will discuss with my members.

Surely that’s just the opening gambit and things go from there. How the hell can a DOM expect to have staff on board by just imposing change without negotiation.

Shift change

19 Feb 2020, 22:43

The CWU have already said that part of the changes Royal Mail want to bring in is an end to all 9 day fortnights and Wallington weeks and Royals Mail attitude at the moment is they are going to do whatever they want with or without agreement. Just one of the reasons why it’s so important to vote yes in the upcoming ballot unless you are happy to work in an environment where you just have to accept any change they want.

Shift change

20 Feb 2020, 07:43

Zicomurphy wrote:The CWU have already said that part of the changes Royal Mail want to bring in is an end to all 9 day fortnights and Wallington weeks and Royals Mail attitude at the moment is they are going to do whatever they want with or without agreement. Just one of the reasons why it’s so important to vote yes in the upcoming ballot unless you are happy to work in an environment where you just have to accept any change they want.

Reduced indoor hours and 6 day weeks for all staff? Is that RM's plan for DOs? If RM succeed in getting the USO reduced then I reckon many MCs will become parcel only offices, with the right machines possibly sorting down to walk level

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1