not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Returning to the job after IHR

18 Dec 2019, 18:34

Hi all I'm Seamus meade, I was IHR in Jan by RM but I have had alot of changes in my life and quality of life in recent months ,so much so I want to return to my job , position, as a HGV driver at hub, how do I go about this ?

Thanks for any help
Last edited by POSTMAN on 02 Jan 2020, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title

Introduction

02 Jan 2020, 23:57

Welcome, will move this to the union room.

03 Jan 2020, 18:46

11. RE-EMPLOYMENT FOLLOWING ILL HEALTH RETIREMENT

Where an individual has been retired for Ill Health they will have opportunity to request re-employment within Royal Mail Group when/if they are again able to carry out their previous duty or another duty for the employer and there will be no artificial barriers to their re-employment.

Royal Mail Group is an equal opportunities employer and will consider all applications on their merit, including those from previous employees. Experience gained from working within the Group in the past is an advantage in any recruitment process, and this applies equally to individuals that have been retired on ill health grounds. In such cases however, it would be essential for an individual to demonstrate that they have recovered sufficiently to be able to perform a normal range of duties.

Re-employment will be subject to a referral to the OHS to confirm the individual has recovered from the ill health that supported the recommendation for retirement. The individual will be required to provide supporting evidence that they have recovered from their ill health and may be required to have a medical examination.

Their previous overall attendance record will be considered in the normal way but they will not be disadvantaged due to absences related to their ill health retirement.

It is also important to recognise that:

• It will be unlikely individuals will be able to return to their original former job.
• It will be dependent on an appropriate vacancy being available.
• They may be expected to be flexible in terms of job location and date of return.
• Where retraining is required it will be given.
• On their return they will be eligible to join the appropriate Pension Scheme for new employees.

10 Jan 2020, 10:30

Would this still be necessary if the last time you worked for Royal Mail was more than 8 years ago ?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1